Tighten Up Vol. 88 remixed again.

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Tighten Up Vol. 88 remixed again.

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 5:41pm
Heston wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 5:38pm
The only song that is unsalvageable is Mr Walker Said,
:disshame:
I just listen to this...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
This is brilliant Marky. You've somehow managed to get those guitars louder. The beef has been delivered.

The air around the recording just seems better as well. Less dry and more bite in the mastering.

The only song that is unsalvageable is Mr Walker Said, I'm marvelling yet again at the lunacy of the original mix. There is a great song under that morass of synth, lead guitar and over-loud drums.

I'm pondering now whether to elevate this to my favourite BAD album ahead of the debut.
Cool I'm glad you are enjoying it. Yeah with Mr. Walker Said I did three different mixes. In the end I decided best to push up the guitar but then you also get too much synth. The drums can be lowered a bit but then there is no real oomph left. It needs a complete overhaul. But there is a very good song underneath.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks Marky. I enjoyed your previous mix, so look forward to listening to this. Going by the comments, I must be one of the few who've had the vaccination and not had any side affects, so rather than feel smug I'll just wish you all well.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 5:46pm
Heston wrote:
This is brilliant Marky. You've somehow managed to get those guitars louder. The beef has been delivered.

The air around the recording just seems better as well. Less dry and more bite in the mastering.

The only song that is unsalvageable is Mr Walker Said, I'm marvelling yet again at the lunacy of the original mix. There is a great song under that morass of synth, lead guitar and over-loud drums.

I'm pondering now whether to elevate this to my favourite BAD album ahead of the debut.
Cool I'm glad you are enjoying it. Yeah with Mr. Walker Said I did three different mixes. In the end I decided best to push up the guitar but then you also get too much synth. The drums can be lowered a bit but then there is no real oomph left. It needs a complete overhaul. But there is a very good song underneath.
Without access to the multitracks you are doing a hell of a job.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 6:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Cheers appreciated.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 5:54pm
Thanks Marky. I enjoyed your previous mix, so look forward to listening to this. Going by the comments, I must be one of the few who've had the vaccination and not had any side affects, so rather than feel smug I'll just wish you all well.
Cheers Dave glad you did well with you jab.😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 3:11pm
Been playing Tighten Up Vol. 88 over the last few days. Comparing the CD to my previous remaster from a few years back. Thought I could do better. So I have. Sounds great in my opinion.

Suffering with flu like symptons after having my AstraZeneca vaccination last night. This has given me some relief.

Enjoy. I will leave it up for a week. Then once it's gone it's gone.

https://mega.nz/file/EVhCFA4T#XYw_wHAQl ... 7lMMP31cGA
Thank you Marky. Glad you were able to get vaccinated, hope you're feeling better soon.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 6:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 3:11pm
Been playing Tighten Up Vol. 88 over the last few days. Comparing the CD to my previous remaster from a few years back. Thought I could do better. So I have. Sounds great in my opinion.

Suffering with flu like symptons after having my AstraZeneca vaccination last night. This has given me some relief.

Enjoy. I will leave it up for a week. Then once it's gone it's gone.

https://mega.nz/file/EVhCFA4T#XYw_wHAQl ... 7lMMP31cGA
Thank you Marky. Glad you were able to get vaccinated, hope you're feeling better soon.
Cheers Sparky.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Seconded. Finally managed to fully listen to it today, you've done a great job yet again Mark, this is more like it, can make out those guitars a lot better and it's made a brilliant album even better. Thanks again mate.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 4:20pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Seconded. Finally managed to fully listen to it today, you've done a great job yet again Mark, this is more like it, can make out those guitars a lot better and it's made a brilliant album even better. Thanks again mate.
Cheers Tom really glad you like it. It's an underrated album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Ah shit. Forgot to download.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Me too

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

If someone wants to re-up it for you then great. But as per my first post it ain't gonna be me. I do more than my fair share here and need the space to upload other stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 8:40pm
If someone wants to re-up it for you then great. But as per my first post it ain't gonna be me. I do more than my fair share here and need the space to upload other stuff.
No worries, Marky! You’ve done nothing but amazing work. My timing was just off!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

I'll re-up it tonight.