This is demos

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

This is demos

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Have i been caught out napping as i didn't know these existed and i don't recall anyone mentioning these either. I knew about the unreleased songs but don't remember this demo set

they sound awful :mrgreen: but an interesting listen if like me you don't know about them. So glad these were polished up and improved before they were released

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: This is demos

Post by Heston »

Yeah they have been discussed on here before. And yes, they do sound pretty awful!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

"I said 'Take off your fur coat', she said 'I'm not wearing one'" remais one of the great unreleased lyrics.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
22 May 2021, 7:14am
Yeah they have been discussed on here before. And yes, they do sound pretty awful!
Thanks Heston i did think it must have been known and discussed here this site is always first and right onto these sort of things. How the hell did i miss it :huh:

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
22 May 2021, 8:31am
"I said 'Take off your fur coat', she said 'I'm not wearing one'" remais one of the great unreleased lyrics.
All mink and no manners

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
22 May 2021, 8:31am
Okay, this might be a stupid question, what is the song "She-Beast" about? I heard it for the first time back in 2015 and to this day, I still have no idea what it's about.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

A cat-like woman?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
22 May 2021, 6:54am
Have i been caught out napping as i didn't know these existed and i don't recall anyone mentioning these either. I knew about the unreleased songs but don't remember this demo set

they sound awful :mrgreen: but an interesting listen if like me you don't know about them. So glad these were polished up and improved before they were released

I did those a long time ago. Cleaned them up from a tape that was given to a fan in the states by Mick and told to share them.

They suffer from being recorded to close to the drum machine causing distortion the original tape sounded even worse. Sudden Impact! Sounds the best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2021, 4:55pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:

I did those a long time ago. Cleaned them up from a tape that was given to a fan in the states by Mick and told to share them.

They suffer from being recorded to close to the drum machine causing distortion the original tape sounded even worse. Sudden Impact! Sounds the best.
I really appreciate what you did and sharing them. I'm not a fan of the that early recording but its so great to get to hear what they originally sounded and started off like. and thank you for making them much better and listenable.

Maybe the sound was the band trying to get that garage band sound :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
29 May 2021, 4:05am
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

I really appreciate what you did and sharing them. I'm not a fan of the that early recording but its so great to get to hear what they originally sounded and started off like. and thank you for making them much better and listenable.

That upload to YouTube was from my old blog. I think I've worked on them again since then. They might sound a little better than those. The problem with YouTube is you remaster stuff to sound better and then it's quality is reduced by the compression used for YouTube.

It's why I always upload stuff in Flac. I know people like YouTube for convenience or whatever but why waste all that time on making something sound better only to then upload to a platform that makes it sound worse. It's beyond me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 May 2021, 5:17am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

That upload to YouTube was from my old blog. I think I've worked on them again since then. They might sound a little better than those. The problem with YouTube is you remaster stuff to sound better and then it's quality is reduced by the compression used for YouTube.

It's why I always upload stuff in Flac. I know people like YouTube for convenience or whatever but why waste all that time on making something sound better only to then upload to a platform that makes it sound worse. It's beyond me.
You could say with such fast internet speeds whats the point of compressing music at all now

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

I honestly can't tell any difference between a high quality mp3 and Flac but maybe it's just my ears. I play stuff through my telly on YouTube for convenience as I watch/listen to combinations of live and studio stuff. As long as the source material is high quality it sounds fucking great through the telly cranked up. I understand your point to an extent but I often play your remasters via GotGameGreggy's channel and they sound terrific.

Also it's nice to have all those shows for when I'm out and about and want to listen on my phone. The storage space on my mobile couldn't hold more than two shows.
Last edited by Heston on 29 May 2021, 3:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
29 May 2021, 2:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

You could say with such fast internet speeds whats the point of compressing music at all now
Exactly my point mate. But people want mp3 for their phones and so on. But just compress for that from the Flac.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia