Rob Peter Pay Paul

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
steved
Corner Soul

Rob Peter Pay Paul

Post by steved »

Just watched this on youtube. Have read that there were plans for a new album during the reunion. Is Mick planning on releasing any of this? Find it grim that we have gone so long without any music from Mick

appleseed1
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Rob Peter Pay Paul

Post by appleseed1 »

I agree it'd be amazing to get a new album. I'd go ape even for a new 7" with just Rob Peter Pay Paul. I love this song. Does anyone know how many versions of it they did on the reunion tour?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I hope i am not mis-quoting but i think TeddyB said Mick hasn't stopped writing songs he just hasn't made them publicly available.

Regarding the Album i don't think they started it ? Rob peter was the only one that they did ?

I cant see any chance of a new Album by BAD now its been so long i would really be happy if we had a decent recording of the band live from both line ups. You see so many other bands releasing untold amounts of Live recordings of there gigs and I don't see it as taking advantage of the fans either its purely giving them what they want and happy to pay for.

fingers crossed you never know!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 7:35am
I hope i am not mis-quoting but i think TeddyB said Mick hasn't stopped writing songs he just hasn't made them publicly available.

Regarding the Album i don't think they started it ? Rob peter was the only one that they did ?

I cant see any chance of a new Album by BAD now its been so long i would really be happy if we had a decent recording of the band live from both line ups. You see so many other bands releasing untold amounts of Live recordings of there gigs and I don't see it as taking advantage of the fans either its purely giving them what they want and happy to pay for.

Agreed mate. Even if it's just a digital download to keep costs down to an absolute minimum.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

white man wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 3:40pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:

Agreed mate. Even if it's just a digital download to keep costs down to an absolute minimum.
Yeah so easy no packaging/artwork or distribution costs. I don't understand it and i am getting rheumatism i have had my fingers crossed for so long

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 9:28am
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

Yeah so easy no packaging/artwork or distribution costs. I don't understand it and i am getting rheumatism i have had my fingers crossed for so long
It's become obvious over the years that it was TJ who was more enthusiastic about MPFree. Seemed he was the main pusher behind Generation Sex as well.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

white man wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 11:34am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

It's become obvious over the years that it was TJ who was more enthusiastic about MPFree. Seemed he was the main pusher behind Generation Sex as well.
oh i see has he collaborated with one of the pistols? i didnt realise - im not up with it all these days i only realised about K÷ recently

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 7:24am
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

oh i see has he collaborated with one of the pistols? i didnt realise - im not up with it all these days i only realised about K÷ recently
Cook and Jones, along with Billy Idol

appleseed1
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by appleseed1 »

white man wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 8:16am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:

Cook and Jones, along with Billy Idol
That Generation Sex show I saw was outstanding!

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
white man wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

oh of course i already knew Mick is not in to the mpfree world. If you look at some interviews where Tony would talk about the free music side of it all, mick would be distracted at whats going on off camera or just plainly not bothered by the idea. If you think about it though it does make sense that's what the whole rock n roll library was all about. Mick treasures music but to him its the whole package the band image , the precious vinyl / cd or whatever else is going, complete with a booklet for everyone to read its all about those special moments . When Mick talks about the badges people wore in the clash or the old record shops he went in to as a kid you can really see the enthusiasm in his attitude. He will be one of the people that hates the fact that the audience can be watching their personal greatest band on stage and be more fascinated looking through there limited viewing phone capturing a small part of the gig and yet missing the whole experience. That whole experience that will live with them personally and be special to just them instead of a second rate recording on youtube for everyone to see and not really get either.
I do kind of understand where he is coming from.

But now we have nothing ,no new Album no new gigs so give us some top quality live nostalgic BAD recordings as downloads that we can pay for. Come on Mick Now that does make sense

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I'm sure the sex generation gigs are great but i could never take Billy Idol seriously so i wont get too excited by that project.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Was it actually a freshly written song in 2011?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

No, it was originally an outtake from Tighten Up Vol. 88.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 10:11am
I'm sure the sex generation gigs are great but i could never take Billy Idol seriously so i wont get too excited by that project.
I've no idea what you could mean
BI-HappyHolidays-500x500-1.jpg
BI-HappyHolidays-500x500-1.jpg (109.26 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

white man wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 6:03am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 10:11am
I've no idea what you could mean
BI-HappyHolidays-500x500-1.jpg
I take it all back that has to be the best cover version of Frosty the Snowman i have ever heard.. Incidentally i wonder who was playing on the sleigh bells :rolleyes: