Just Play Music extended mixes different?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Just Play Music extended mixes different?

Post by KCportland »

What region was the 5:45 long extended mix of JPM released in? Because I can only find info on the 8 minute mix.

Was the 5:45 mix released in '88 or was that a later mix?

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Just Play Music extended mixes different?

Post by KCportland »

Solved it, UK had the 5:45 mix and other markets got the 8

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

KCportland wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 12:48am
There were two 12" UK releases of 'Just Play Music,' I found one by chance, shortly after buying the first, without realising it had been released.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

dave202 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 9:50am
KCportland wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 12:48am
There were two 12" UK releases of 'Just Play Music,' I found one by chance, shortly after buying the first, without realising it had been released.
I have said this a few times but that was the most damaging to BAD. I would read in the NME/TV interview or any other media with Mick telling us all how the new album and single is out on these dates and they never transpired but would turn up silently in the record shops and was only found and known about if you looked in the BAD section and found it yourself.
The actual release date was often as late as 3 months. This will of course result in a spaced out buying of the bands music resulting in lacking sales to enter charts . Everyone knows that release date is imperative that the fans all buy it on the first week together making it enter high in the charts and the rest is from people discovering the band through radio plays. No chart entry and then no radio plays.

So you was never alone at finding out after the record was released until well after it is actually released !. My every visit to a our price record shop asking if the release was in yet and received with try next Monday it never came in - it actually got embarrassing having to keep asking that i stopped and just waited like everyone else did and miss the real date.

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Post by NigelJacobs »

I remember happening upon the Sightsee MC single release in Oxford Street HMV. Odd, considering I was an avid fan and a radio listener.