Don Letts solo Album coming soon

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Re: Don Letts solo Album coming soon

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

I've listened to the CD at least twice so far, and it’s really good.

I have trouble reading the booklet because of the letters. It’s not because they’re too small. It’s because of the minimal spacing between them...totally bad kerning.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 4:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 3:38pm
laxman wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 3:34pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 5:14am
Yeah great interview and No Fooling Me is a beautiful track off the album

When Dons says he's famously someone who cant play any instruments how does that work on a solo album ? With Big Audio Dynamite its fairly clear how that worked with him having only ideas etc he would write lyrics maybe add a tune by singing ideas from his head direct and inspire mick with how they maybe should present a song they have worked on. A talent like Mick he would be brilliant at interpretation and putting that to the song sheet.

If you are Solo artist how do you explain to session players like Bass , Guitar drummer how they should play their instruments and sound? I am just thinking that software driven music must be very limited.
As a non musician I have no idea, but however they did it, it worked! Youth plays bass on a few of the tracks, so I guess that might have helped. I think he knows what he is doing :)
You don't tell them how to play only what sounds you like. Like minded people click and understand the feel of music.
It sounds better and better on regular playing, so I definitely think they clicked!
I will answer here so i can reply to you both.

Well i have to say its a brilliant album so how ever its done you are both right it works very well. I was just thinking that if other musicians play and come up with something that Don likes then its not all his own work someone else has come up with the music / riffs etc.

He definitely picked well and great news to hear Youth is on it as well. It does get better the more you listen to it quite amazing that Don can be so relevant still even in his 70s

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 3:21am
I've listened to the CD at least twice so far, and it’s really good.

I have trouble reading the booklet because of the letters. It’s not because they’re too small. It’s because of the minimal spacing between them...totally bad kerning.
Same here. At least it should be easier to read on the vinyl version :cry:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Found a copy of this at my local CD shop, definitely wasn't expecting that. It turned out really good huh? I'll be listening to this one a lot. It's pretty great how many people in the Clash circle have put out excellent post-Clash (or BAD, in this case) work.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc