BAD Files Volume 8

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
topperville
Dirty Punk

BAD Files Volume 8

Post by topperville »

I’ve been tidying up my files today and came across a strange anomaly. I have BAD files volume 8 on flac and mp3 but they are different? Flac version starts with the Bottom Line and has A Party Extended Mix on it and no Keep Off The Grass. mp3 version starts with Keep Off The Grass then Bottom Line follows etc… but A Party Extended Mix is not there. Any ideas anyone? Were there two versions?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: BAD Files Volume 8

Post by laxman »

We need Espen to confirm but I think the original Vol 8 was lost and a replacement was pulled together, but with the differences that you noted. Thi slink seems to be the original version.

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

laxman wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 7:02pm
We need Espen to confirm but I think the original Vol 8 was lost and a replacement was pulled together, but with the differences that you noted. Thi slink seems to be the original version.

Thanks laxman. I thought something similar but was confused as the original I have in lossless and the replacement as mp3. Hence why was it lost? The links to the BAD files volume 8 on here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152
have the same as I’ve got - flac is original and mp3 is replacement…??? You’re right though - esmark is the one who can clarify!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I have these. I think they did different drafts for Vol. 8 I certainly have different drafts of the artwork.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

I’ve got all the Pirate Radio Numero Uno “releases” buried away in the loft somewhere. I ripped them all years ago, hence the question. I’ve also got a dvdr from them which I apparently won in some sort of competition - I don’t have much recollection about what it was all about. The dvdr has every Clash official release + some bootlegs + some live shows + loads of photos etc… However, all audio is mp3…
Last edited by topperville on 18 Feb 2023, 6:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 5:16pm
I’ve got all the Pirate Radio Numero Uno “releases” buried away in the loft somewhere. I ripped them all years ago, hence the question. I’ve also got a dvdr from them which I apparently won in some sort of competition - I don’t have much recollection about what it was all about. The dvdr has every Clash official release + some bootlegs + some live shows + loads of photos etc… However, all audio is mo3…
I have that DVD as mp3 files also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 6:18pm
topperville wrote:
I’ve got all the Pirate Radio Numero Uno “releases” buried away in the loft somewhere. I ripped them all years ago, hence the question. I’ve also got a dvdr from them which I apparently won in some sort of competition - I don’t have much recollection about what it was all about. The dvdr has every Clash official release + some bootlegs + some live shows + loads of photos etc… However, all audio is mo3…
Did you win it as well? Or am I imagining some sort of competition? Or were you part of Pirate Radio Numero Uno?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 6:54pm
Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
Did you win it as well? Or am I imagining some sort of competition? Or were you part of Pirate Radio Numero Uno?
I'm pretty sure I downloaded it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
I won it as well. Maybe they were just giving it away.

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

laxman wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 2:59am
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
I won it as well. Maybe they were just giving it away.
You are probably right! They probably told everyone who’d bought anything from them that they’d won…

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I downloaded mine from Robin Sharrocks Clash/BAD site.

I've checked the mp3s against the Flac files and I think they are just upscaled versions of the mp3s.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 3:03pm

I've checked the mp3s against the Flac files and I think they are just upscaled versions of the mp3s.
Hi Marky

What software are you using to check for lossless? I’m only asking as lossless audio checker only picks up two of the tracks as being upscaled for me, 8 and 14, and that, I presume, is because of the limitations of the original source material for those two tracks.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 4:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Hi Marky

What software are you using to check for lossless? I’m only asking as lossless audio checker only picks up two of the tracks as being upscaled for me, 8 and 14, and that, I presume, is because of the limitations of the original source material for those two tracks.
Magix. I only checked track 1 and compared it with the mp3 and then same track in Wav from the Deluxe official release.

Both laxman and I believe the BAD Files were only ever shared as mp3s.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 5:08pm
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hi Marky

Magix. I only checked track 1 and compared it with the mp3 and then same track in Wav from the Deluxe official release.

Hmmm… I’m not convinced to be honest! When you say shared you mean for download? I bought all the BAD Files on CD from PR#1 back in the day and they were all professionally printed CDs with properly done gloss cardboard sleeves etc… Why go to all that effort if all the source material was mp3 and they upscaled it to CD? The same with the other stuff I got from them. This is Dub Clash, Joe Strummer Generations etc… They are all really well done CDs?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 5:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 5:08pm
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hi Marky

Hmmm… I’m not convinced to be honest! When you say shared you mean for download? I bought all the BAD Files on CD from PR#1 back in the day and they were all professionally printed CDs with properly done gloss cardboard sleeves etc… Why go to all that effort if all the source material was mp3 and they upscaled it to CD? The same with the other stuff I got from them. This is Dub Clash, Joe Strummer Generations etc… They are all really well done CDs?
Yours may well be genuine wav files then. I am referring to downloads only. I never knew of the PR stuff until much later than when they were selling them. I would certainly like copies of Wavs or flacs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia