London 02/04/2011

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Hugo_A-Go-Go
Corner Soul

London 02/04/2011

Post by Hugo_A-Go-Go »

Can't wait... :mrgreen:
Check out my terrible band!
http://www.myspace.com/screwtapeonline

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: London 02/04/2011

Post by Heston »

Hope we're gonna get some reports from the Cockney mob.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Hugo_A-Go-Go
Corner Soul

Post by Hugo_A-Go-Go »

Heston wrote:Hope we're gonna get some reports from the Cockney mob.
I am a geordie, but i will let you know. :mrgreen:
Check out my terrible band!
http://www.myspace.com/screwtapeonline

Heston

Post by Heston »

Hugo_A-Go-Go wrote:
Heston wrote:Hope we're gonna get some reports from the Cockney mob.
I am a geordie, but i will let you know. :mrgreen:
;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

This WEST Londoner is enroute on top of the 607 bus :-)
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Gigs are like buses actually... you wait ages for one then two come along at once.
I'll be at the Empire show sunday night, and then off to see Hamell On Trial on monday night!! (at the 12 Bar Club on Denmark Street)
Hamell hasn't been to the UK for a few years so I'm looking forward to the next 48 hours. Hope I can stand the pace :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Heston

Post by Heston »

JohnS wrote:Gigs are like buses actually... you wait ages for one then two come along at once.
I'll be at the Empire show sunday night, and then off to see Hamell On Trial on monday night!! (at the 12 Bar Club on Denmark Street)
Hamell hasn't been to the UK for a few years so I'm looking forward to the next 48 hours. Hope I can stand the pace :mrgreen:
Fucking Hamell on Trial! :approve:

I thought I'd never hear his name mentioned on here ever. Fucking Choochtown baby, I'm off to see if he's playing in the North east...

Edit: Fuck, nearest he's going is Manchester on Wednesday, Ed come to Newcastle!

same138
Corner Soul

Post by same138 »

Heston wrote:
JohnS wrote:Gigs are like buses actually... you wait ages for one then two come along at once.
Fucking Hamell on Trial! :approve:

I thought I'd never hear his name mentioned on here ever. Fucking Choochtown baby, I'm off to see if he's playing in the North east...

Edit: Fuck, nearest he's going is Manchester on Wednesday, Ed come to Newcastle!
Did it the other way round with a day off in between, BAD on Wednseday and Hamell On Trial on Friday, twice! He did a half hour in-store on Friday afternoon and I bunked off work early to go round, stood about four feet away from him, then in a wee pub called The Bay stood about three feet away from him for a full HOT set. I'm jealous as fuck though, I could happily have came down to Londinium and joined you for both! Hope you enjoyed BAD at the Bush and enjoy Hamell tomorrow (tonight I suppose since it's four in the morning, I must go to bed)

ALF
Dirty Punk

Post by ALF »

Just recovering from yesterday's show. Brilliant, the band sounded great, Greg is a fantastic drummer, no doubt, great energy. The same set list of the other gigs plus Other 99. Rewind was the big surprise for me, sounded great, and the combination with Battle was ok. The encores, really shorts, I needed more B.A.D.!!!!!!!

monkeyman
Dirty Punk

Post by monkeyman »

How did yer missus get on mate, did she enjoy the Badness too? :mrgreen:
[b]"Justice tonight / Kick it over"[/b]

ALF
Dirty Punk

Post by ALF »

Yeah, she enjoyed, specially the Battle of All Saints Road, with Don making his reggae thing. And the B.A.D. red cape fitted her!! We spent a really good night.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Some good pics up here....

http://pmsphoto.photoshelter.com/galler ... uxrQDr8T0I

I'm sure you can see Roddy Frame in the balcony shot of the audience.

same138
Corner Soul

Post by same138 »

Heston wrote:Some good pics up here....

http://pmsphoto.photoshelter.com/galler ... uxrQDr8T0I

I'm sure you can see Roddy Frame in the balcony shot of the audience.
Looks like it, and the bloke along from him with the daft hat on looks like Alan McGee. Great pics.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Just woke up!

What a great night, looking forward to doing it again in a few hours, band sounded fuckin' great, will try to snatch a few photos this time....Promise ;)
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Took this about 5 mins before my mate got busted by undercover Old Bill for rolling a spliff on the green, silly sod only got a caution though.......Lets be carefull out there people...pre-rolled is the answer ;)