manchester tickets stolen...devo

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
pbee
Corner Soul

manchester tickets stolen...devo

Post by pbee »

hi lads do u lot think bad will do another manchestre gig?im 39 been a massive fan since i was 12,im from manchester and my dad took me to the gigs in london town and country club etc in the 80s,i went to the boardwalk gig as dad sneaked me in through the back door as i was only about 15.listen to the tracks atleast twice a day,anyway had stomach cancer the last few years and the bottom line really pushed me out of depression.anyway as soon as the tickets came out for the academy gig i got them on the first day for me and my mrs,i was on top of the world that my heros where coming back to manchester i couldnt wait,we decided to have a few drinks and a bite to eat in weatherspoons piccadilly b4 the gig,anyway cutting a long story short mrs had her handbag stolen with the tickets in,i couldnt believe it i was devostated,we went to the academy to see what they could do and they was less than helpfull,the toutes outside had tickets but our cash had gone with the handbag,i openly admit i went home and cried,i just pray that the lads will continue the tour and play manchester again as i cant afford to goto new york to see the lads.the youtube vids has helped but it not the same as beinf there.....paul from manchester....

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Re: devo

Post by rcs »

i thought this was going to be about devo

If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: manchester tickets stolen...devo

Post by Heston »

pbee wrote:hi lads do u lot think bad will do another manchestre gig?im 39 been a massive fan since i was 12,im from manchester and my dad took me to the gigs in london town and country club etc in the 80s,i went to the boardwalk gig as dad sneaked me in through the back door as i was only about 15.listen to the tracks atleast twice a day,anyway had stomach cancer the last few years and the bottom line really pushed me out of depression.anyway as soon as the tickets came out for the academy gig i got them on the first day for me and my mrs,i was on top of the world that my heros where coming back to manchester i couldnt wait,we decided to have a few drinks and a bite to eat in weatherspoons piccadilly b4 the gig,anyway cutting a long story short mrs had her handbag stolen with the tickets in,i couldnt believe it i was devostated,we went to the academy to see what they could do and they was less than helpfull,the toutes outside had tickets but our cash had gone with the handbag,i openly admit i went home and cried,i just pray that the lads will continue the tour and play manchester again as i cant afford to goto new york to see the lads.the youtube vids has helped but it not the same as beinf there.....paul from manchester....
I was in Piccadilly Wetherspoons that day, fucking rough crowd. That's a pisser.

They are playing another London date in July if that's any help? Royal Festival Hall.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

rcs wrote:i thought this was going to be about devo

Me too. :(
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

pbee
Corner Soul

Post by pbee »

great thanks heston,im from moston so could we organise a mini bus down.im going to get on the case tmr and get the tickets ordered,is it just bad not a festival,i hate festivals!!my dreams have been answeared,reading all the reviews and speaking to friends who went to the gigs they just have to do more gigs and tracks as the demand is great,i heard the academy was mental simalar to the international one gigs,if they do come again to manchester im sure they could do 2 nights at the apollo and fill it,i still have my red cord bad cap i bet the ones the where selling wasnt the quality of the 80s ones!!

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Not funny in the slightest... :rolleyes:

Get yourself down to London pbee...Festival Hall isn't that big, willl be fun... :mrgreen:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Purple Hayes wrote:

Not funny in the slightest... :rolleyes:

Get yourself down to London pbee...Festival Hall isn't that big, willl be fun... :mrgreen:
Honestly, I don't think they were joking, because that's what I thought, too.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Was suffering from a severe sense of humour failure last night, I deserve a good whipping :disshame:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell