B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4191
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 3:00pm
BitterTom wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 12:29pm
Gi' me 'nuvvaa hit of vi'min c is particularly poor however.
There's a version called Vitamin C Ska Mix on the BAD Files which is much better.
It would pretty much have to be a different song for me to agree. The BAD Files worth getting though?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 4:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 3:00pm
BitterTom wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 12:29pm
Gi' me 'nuvvaa hit of vi'min c is particularly poor however.
There's a version called Vitamin C Ska Mix on the BAD Files which is much better.
It would pretty much have to be a different song for me to agree. The BAD Files worth getting though?
Definitely there are 8 volumes and a bonus disc. Some real gems on those comps.
Image

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 732
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 4:51pm
Definitely there are 8 volumes and a bonus disc. Some real gems on those comps.
Absolutely... Rick Rubin remix of The Bottom Line (aka US Remix or Def Jam remix?)
Dust head remix of Sudden Impact
Harrow Rd (ska mix)
Mirror Man
Saturday Night Inside
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9612
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Inder »

The Harrow Road ska mix is one of my favourite BAD tracks. 😎

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 1:57am
The Harrow Road ska mix is one of my favourite BAD tracks. 😎
Excellent track should've been on the album.
Image

topperville
Dirty Punk
Posts: 56
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 12:01pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 9:55am
Inder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 1:57am
The Harrow Road ska mix is one of my favourite BAD tracks. 😎
Excellent track should've been on the album.
Top 5 BAD track for me!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33422
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston »

topperville wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 12:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 9:55am
Inder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 1:57am
The Harrow Road ska mix is one of my favourite BAD tracks. 😎
Excellent track should've been on the album.
Top 5 BAD track for me!
:shock:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12212
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 9:55am
Inder wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 1:57am
The Harrow Road ska mix is one of my favourite BAD tracks. 😎
Excellent track should've been on the album.
Yeah it's loads better than the one that actually appeared there.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 469
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by NoMoreHugh »


Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29112
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Flex »

Listening to a couple lesser-played albums this morning: Higher Power and F-Punk. Probably could have put together a decent-ish EP out of Higher Power with a lot of judicious editing, but I remember now why I haven't listened to it since, probably, high school.

F-Punk has always been a bit underrated I think. Some decent Mick vocals and just getting back to some music with guitars is refreshing compared to a lot of the noodling Mick had been up to. This probably could have been a gem of a record with better production and, as is always the case with BAD, judicious editing.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12212
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:34pm
Listening to a couple lesser-played albums this morning: Higher Power and F-Punk. Probably could have put together a decent-ish EP out of Higher Power with a lot of judicious editing, but I remember now why I haven't listened to it since, probably, high school.

F-Punk has always been a bit underrated I think. Some decent Mick vocals and just getting back to some music with guitars is refreshing compared to a lot of the noodling Mick had been up to. This probably could have been a gem of a record with better production and, as is always the case with BAD, judicious editing.
I mentioned a couple months ago after listening to Higher Power for the first time in ages that it's not so bad—and then got shouted down by (I think) Marky (maybe Heston).
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33422
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 3:59pm
Flex wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:34pm
Listening to a couple lesser-played albums this morning: Higher Power and F-Punk. Probably could have put together a decent-ish EP out of Higher Power with a lot of judicious editing, but I remember now why I haven't listened to it since, probably, high school.

F-Punk has always been a bit underrated I think. Some decent Mick vocals and just getting back to some music with guitars is refreshing compared to a lot of the noodling Mick had been up to. This probably could have been a gem of a record with better production and, as is always the case with BAD, judicious editing.
I mentioned a couple months ago after listening to Higher Power for the first time in ages that it's not so bad—and then got shouted down by (I think) Marky (maybe Heston).
Probably me. BAD II is a wasteland for me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 732
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by oliver »

I read today that Don's first name is short for Donovan. Never knew that :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46196
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 3:59pm
Flex wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:34pm
Listening to a couple lesser-played albums this morning: Higher Power and F-Punk. Probably could have put together a decent-ish EP out of Higher Power with a lot of judicious editing, but I remember now why I haven't listened to it since, probably, high school.

F-Punk has always been a bit underrated I think. Some decent Mick vocals and just getting back to some music with guitars is refreshing compared to a lot of the noodling Mick had been up to. This probably could have been a gem of a record with better production and, as is always the case with BAD, judicious editing.
I mentioned a couple months ago after listening to Higher Power for the first time in ages that it's not so bad—and then got shouted down by (I think) Marky (maybe Heston).
I like Higher Power so it wasn't me sunshine!
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33422
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 5:50am
Kory wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 3:59pm
Flex wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:34pm
Listening to a couple lesser-played albums this morning: Higher Power and F-Punk. Probably could have put together a decent-ish EP out of Higher Power with a lot of judicious editing, but I remember now why I haven't listened to it since, probably, high school.

F-Punk has always been a bit underrated I think. Some decent Mick vocals and just getting back to some music with guitars is refreshing compared to a lot of the noodling Mick had been up to. This probably could have been a gem of a record with better production and, as is always the case with BAD, judicious editing.
I mentioned a couple months ago after listening to Higher Power for the first time in ages that it's not so bad—and then got shouted down by (I think) Marky (maybe Heston).
I like Higher Power so it wasn't me sunshine!
Yeah, was probably me. A weak album.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Post Reply