B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
River
Junco Partner
Posts: 453
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by River » 06 Mar 2020, 2:44am

I've finally figured out part of a BAD sample that has driven me crazy for years. It's the first part of the sample at about 2:20 into A Party. Just before the voice takes over.



From the movie Zulu, happens about 5:20 in the video. Now to just figure out where the voice after it comes from...

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 3:58am

River wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 2:44am
I've finally figured out part of a BAD sample that has driven me crazy for years. It's the first part of the sample at about 2:20 into A Party. Just before the voice takes over.



From the movie Zulu, happens about 5:20 in the video. Now to just figure out where the voice after it comes from...
Great find
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 44488
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Mar 2020, 4:51am

I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 6:15am

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 4:51am
I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
That one was never on Esmark's site. No entry for A Party on there.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 44488
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Mar 2020, 9:37am

Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 6:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 4:51am
I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
That one was never on Esmark's site. No entry for A Party on there.
Ahh ok mate. I'm just really familiar with the movie Zulu and thought those chants were well known as used on the track.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 9:43am

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 9:37am
Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 6:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 4:51am
I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
That one was never on Esmark's site. No entry for A Party on there.
Ahh ok mate. I'm just really familiar with the movie Zulu and thought those chants were well known as used on the track.
I've been BAD sample watching for years and never had a clue!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 453
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by River » 06 Mar 2020, 11:53am

Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 9:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 9:37am
Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 6:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 4:51am
I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
That one was never on Esmark's site. No entry for A Party on there.
Ahh ok mate. I'm just really familiar with the movie Zulu and thought those chants were well known as used on the track.
I've been BAD sample watching for years and never had a clue!
It's one of the samples that I knew the source but never knew where it happened. Do you happen to know where the voice afterwards is from Marky? I assume it's also from Zulu, but do you know where around it would be?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 44488
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Mar 2020, 12:38pm

River wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 11:53am
Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 9:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 9:37am
Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 6:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 4:51am
I've known that for ages. Plus those samples were all listed on our friend esmark BAD site.
That one was never on Esmark's site. No entry for A Party on there.
Ahh ok mate. I'm just really familiar with the movie Zulu and thought those chants were well known as used on the track.
I've been BAD sample watching for years and never had a clue!
It's one of the samples that I knew the source but never knew where it happened. Do you happen to know where the voice afterwards is from Marky? I assume it's also from Zulu, but do you know where around it would be?
Hello mate no I don't know but I've always thought it was from one of the Spaghetti Westerns. It sounds Spanish or Portuguese to me.
Image

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1714
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 06 Mar 2020, 7:09pm

Zulu is Mick’s favorite film.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 8:18pm

I wish there was a proper database with YouTube links etc of all the BAD samples. There has been a few threads on here and Facebook over the years but nothing rounds them up in one place.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 8:20pm

This is the one I was amazed was ever found. 8 secs in...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 614
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by oliver » 06 Mar 2020, 8:24pm

Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 8:18pm
I wish there was a proper database with YouTube links etc of all the BAD samples. There has been a few threads on here and Facebook over the years but nothing rounds them up in one place.
yeah - that would be magnificent. whosampled.com could possibly be a good place
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 32156
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Mar 2020, 8:44pm

oliver wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 8:24pm
Heston wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 8:18pm
I wish there was a proper database with YouTube links etc of all the BAD samples. There has been a few threads on here and Facebook over the years but nothing rounds them up in one place.
yeah - that would be magnificent. whosampled.com could possibly be a good place
I see there's a pretty good collection there already.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 453
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by River » 11 Mar 2020, 1:24pm

Found a couple samples today, from the film Pixote. Mentioned on Esmark's site for the Sambadrome samples that some are from the film and I went through it and found em. First one happens at around 17:20, then the second one is at around 39:45.


Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 44488
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Mar 2020, 1:39pm

River wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 1:24pm
Found a couple samples today, from the film Pixote. Mentioned on Esmark's site for the Sambadrome samples that some are from the film and I went through it and found em. First one happens at around 17:20, then the second one is at around 39:45.

Good work river. :approve:
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests