Dan Donovan

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
liverpoolbad
Corner Soul

Dan Donovan

Post by liverpoolbad »

Hi

Saw BAD in Glasgow and great to have them back. All interviews with Mick kept on going on about how they had all been friends for years and then Dan seems to have just gone.

Have I missed it or have they said why he went. Plus on Facebook he is still there and still says he's in the band so is this a temp thing?

Ta

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Dan Donovan

Post by laxman »

Welcome to the site!

I don't think we know the answer to your question yet.

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

OK, have decided to dig this back up as there never has been a real answer, anyone know the score ?

Nothing against Davo but would like to see Dan back, prefer the sound with him and thought his keyboards were great at the SB Empire show I went to.

Is there any chance of him returning ?

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

i have no "inside" info here so this is just purely my speculation but I think that Dan fell off the rails...being on tour can get a person back into some b.a.d. habits, a decision was then made in Dan's best interest to get him some help which may be the reason why things have been kept so private & also why there hasn't been some official announcement as to the longer term plans for him to remain in the band...if there are longer term plans. Not sure if there was any irreparable damage done to any of his relationships with the others in & around the band but I would think probably not...I'm sure they all just wanted to make sure that he is healthy, music needs to take a backseat in those cases. I could be totally off but its my best guesstimation

Karoline
Corner Soul

Post by Karoline »

To quote from Greg's blog: "i would like to be able to share what happened after April but it is too entwined with the personal and the private ..and to be honest people really should be given the respect to keep it that way.." So I think we may never know exactly what happened, and that's how the band wants it.

manchester rocks
Dirty Punk

Post by manchester rocks »

i think davvo has been a breath of fresh air,dan looked pissed up at most of the gigs esp the us ones,maybe he was having too much of a good time,,,not dissing him as i like dan,,,maybe get some bad2 members back that would be cool,i koved the globe!!!

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

I hope whatever the reason it can be sorted and Dan makes hi way back in, although I really liked BAD2 can't see any of them joining and to be honest wouldn't want to.