Why I’m proud to play Don’t Buy The Sun gig

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Re: Why I’m proud to play Don’t Buy The Sun gig

Post by Purple Hayes »

crazyknowledge wrote:There is only one team in West London the other two are in South West London, Mick definitely a QPR supporter as seen him numerous times even at couple of away games.
All three clubs are in the West London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, and have Brentford moved since I was last visited Griffin Park? Was thinking of going on Saturday but if they've fucked off to somewhere like Milton Keynes I won't bother...

Hopefully I'll bump into Mick on the 23rd of next month when Chelsea visit for the 1st time since '96 but every time I've visited Loftus Road the home fans seemed to have been staging some kind of mass boycott and stayed away for some reason ;) Kidding aside I'm really looking forward to it, We've been given 3,000 tickets so the atmosphere should be great for what is the real West London Derby... :mrgreen:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Taxi
Corner Soul

Post by Taxi »

Silent Majority wrote:
Taxi wrote:I'm sure I remember someone telling me that he had trials for Palace as a kid,as well. Might be my memory playing tricks on me though.
My 9 year old brother's a huge Arsenal fan, but he plays for a Chelsea scouting team.
I didn't mean that him having trials for Palace made him a fan of theirs.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Taxi wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Taxi wrote:I'm sure I remember someone telling me that he had trials for Palace as a kid,as well. Might be my memory playing tricks on me though.
My 9 year old brother's a huge Arsenal fan, but he plays for a Chelsea scouting team.
I didn't mean that him having trials for Palace made him a fan of theirs.
Then I misunderstood you, sorry.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Yeah, the trying out for Palace is a different thing from being a supporter.

Kenny Dalglish was a childhood hero of mine when he played for Celtic and it wasn't until many years later that I found out he'd been a Rangers (not QPR) fan as a youngster. So much so that when Sean Fallon went to his house to offer singing forms for the hoops (green & white, not blue& white) he was busy pulling Gers posters from his walls. "No need to redecorate for me, son," Sean said, "just leave the wall-papering until later and sign this if you will."

I'll bet Kenny doesn't buy The Sun either!

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Mick said that in an interview once as well, he was eager to get back to London after some gig in France in order to cah The Hoops next home game. Don and Leo making fun of him due to his interest for QPR.

Wonder what teams the rest of the lads support?

Nick Hawkins once said he was a Man Utd supporter, not sure wether he was joking or not.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

esmark wrote:Nick Hawkins once said he was a Man Utd supporter, not sure wether he was joking or not.
Probably true, assuming he was from London!!

manchester rocks
Dirty Punk

Post by manchester rocks »

nick hawkins was a mad spurs fan...sadly his son is too but doing time for the cause if u know what i mean!!

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

Purple, Chelsea postcode SW6, Fulham SW6 and Brentford TW8 so no West London teams there, only QPR with W12 ;)

Looking forward to the Chelsea game too as been a long time apart from the cup games of recent years, Fulham tomorrow and last time we played them we lost and they were heading to the Prem and we were off to Div2 for a stint so hopefully time for a bit of revenge.

Seem to recall reading Greg was a Gooner somewhere but not sure about the others.