Medicine Show 2011

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Medicine Show 2011

Post by crazyknowledge »

Just listening to Heston's best of and I can't help but feel this is the one track that has lost a bit of it's edge compared to the original live version, sounds tamer and tails off a bit of the end, is it just me ?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Medicine Show 2011

Post by Heston »

crazyknowledge wrote:Just listening to Heston's best of and I can't help but feel this is the one track that has lost a bit of it's edge compared to the original live version, sounds tamer and tails off a bit of the end, is it just me ?
I think Mick started laying off the distortion pedal as the tour went on, going for the cleaner sound of the album version. I prefer the meatier sound from earlier in the tour. Also, I don't think it helps that it's the show opener and the band aren't fully warmed up. Mick always sounds a bit tentative on the vocals at the beginning. Saying that, I like the jamming at the end, especially the bit where Mick plays the "Baby, Please Don't Go" riff.

Personally, I think they should have opened with "Beatbox."
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

Just seems they have toned down the whole song and agree sounding closer to the album version, best version I reckon is on the Meltdown show where it goes wild at the end, no jamming.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Medicine Show is the only one I don't think has ever quite caught fire on the reunion tour. They've got to do something to tune it up or at least bump it from the set opener slot. Preventing the shows from really getting cooking until 2 or 3 in.

Heston

Post by Heston »

A bit off-topic, but I remember when this performance was broadcast on a Thursday teatime in 1986. I recall my Dad being outraged, saying, "That bugger's on drugs!"

Watching again, I think it's the most coked out of his mind I've ever seen Mick on stage. The "orgasm" bits from 3.08 are priceless.

[youtube][/youtube]
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Heston wrote:A bit off-topic, but I remember when this performance was broadcast on a Thursday teatime in 1986. I recall my Dad being outraged, saying, "That bugger's on drugs!"

Watching again, I think it's the most coked out of his mind I've ever seen Mick on stage. The "orgasm" bits from 3.08 are priceless.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't quite know how to process what I just watched there. Um...damn, Mick. :shock:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:A bit off-topic, but I remember when this performance was broadcast on a Thursday teatime in 1986. I recall my Dad being outraged, saying, "That bugger's on drugs!"

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't quite know how to process what I just watched there. Um...damn, Mick. :shock:

:shock:

Still, nice sideburns.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Now I can die saying I saw Mick's O-face.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

His musicianship is very good, even though he's coked up.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

mikel
Junco Partner

Post by mikel »

Spiff wrote:His musicianship is very good, even though he's coked up.
Yeah, i miss now more guitar effects too,can be delay...

Heston

Post by Heston »

Spiff wrote:His musicianship is very good, because he's coked up.
;)