BAD update

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
paulbee1
Corner Soul

Re: BAD update

Post by paulbee1 »

also sorry about my grammer guys im using an iphone that my son got me and my eyes aint what they was!!!!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

For the record, Don is definitely no millionaire. The reunion was and is meant to be a real one like they said. Let's see what they can pull off and hope for the best.

paulbee1
Corner Soul

Post by paulbee1 »

Thanks teddy..it might be that dons very laid back.most rastas i know are!!i just still get a bit over excited even at my age,the gigs i went to in the 80s and 90s had a big impact on me,esp my trip to new york at the roxy,that was for me the best gig ever.

boxfresh10
Dirty Punk

Post by boxfresh10 »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:For the record, Don is definitely no millionaire. The reunion was and is meant to be a real one like they said. Let's see what they can pull off and hope for the best.
Mick and the boys should seriously consider the Pledge Music option, I just paid $15 dollars toward the new Luscious Jackson cd, it has almost reached it's target so I guess it will now be made. I think the band are also old friends of Mick so I am sure they could recommend it, they also offering an acoustic set round your house for $5000 and a full live show for $10,000, B.a.d acoustic in your living room, quality :mrgreen:

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

boxfresh10 wrote:
Mick and the boys should seriously consider the Pledge Music option, I just paid $15 dollars toward the new Luscious Jackson cd, it has almost reached it's target so I guess it will now be made. I think the band are also old friends of Mick so I am sure they could recommend it, they also offering an acoustic set round your house for $5000 and a full live show for $10,000, B.a.d acoustic in your living room, quality :mrgreen:
Viv Albertine has chosen the Pledge Music option, too.

paulbee1
Corner Soul

Post by paulbee1 »

That wouldnt happen.i said b4.a good 10 years ago i contacted micks agent and asked for a singnificant amount more that 10k could he get bad together for a gig in my local hall,he said theres more chance of hell freezing over than bad getting back together.suppose hell must b getting cold hey mr agent....anyone know the full reasons why the band split in the first place?u hear rumours of money drugs and women but never heard the real story.

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

got this off of twitter today - "this week BAD riddim twins takeover MJ studio to rehearse n hopefully some dynamite primed too..stay posted for news on our quest #BAD2012"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

sonnyburnit wrote:got this off of twitter today - "this week BAD riddim twins takeover MJ studio to rehearse n hopefully some dynamite primed too..stay posted for news on our quest #BAD2012"
Cheers Sonny.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

paulbee1 wrote:That wouldnt happen.i said b4.a good 10 years ago i contacted micks agent and asked for a singnificant amount more that 10k could he get bad together for a gig in my local hall,he said theres more chance of hell freezing over than bad getting back together.suppose hell must b getting cold hey mr agent....anyone know the full reasons why the band split in the first place?u hear rumours of money drugs and women but never heard the real story.
That was me. I started those rumours. :cool:

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I heard the original 10:44 studio version of U.S. North today with Mick and Joe singing together in eerie unison. It sounds great, though Mick wants to add more guitars. This is one of five or six Strummer/Jones songs under consideration for the proposed album, along with ten written by Mick and the group, including Rob Peter Pay Paul, plus whatever further new material may arise, sifted down to the cream. Don and Greg and Leo are planning imminent contributions, coordinated through Dav at the Acton studio. I wouldn't personally expect any Pledge Music type of setup, or second rate release. Either top notch or nothing, as a B.A.D. reboot should be. 21st Century B.A.D.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Loving the updates! Cheers TB.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

monkeyman
Dirty Punk

Post by monkeyman »

Best news of 2012 so far, 21st Century B.A.D... Yes, Yes, F**kin Yes :mrgreen:
[b]"Justice tonight / Kick it over"[/b]

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:I heard the original 10:44 studio version of U.S. North today with Mick and Joe singing together in eerie unison. It sounds great, though Mick wants to add more guitars. This is one of five or six Strummer/Jones songs under consideration for the proposed album, along with ten written by Mick and the group, including Rob Peter Pay Paul, plus whatever further new material may arise, sifted down to the cream. Don and Greg and Leo are planning imminent contributions, coordinated through Dav at the Acton studio. I wouldn't personally expect any Pledge Music type of setup, or second rate release. Either top notch or nothing, as a B.A.D. reboot should be. 21st Century B.A.D.
Out of curiosity, are all the tunes mentioned outtakes from previous albums?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

This really is great news, new material and some old numbers that never really saw the light of day on official releases.

Always loved US North, remember when younger I used to head up out of Surrey to Camden to buy the bootleg concert tapes and this was the first time I heard it, played that cassette to near death and then left it in the stereo of a car I sold so never to hear it again until the internet got going and managed to download it.

Keep the news flowing Teddy please.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:I heard the original 10:44 studio version of U.S. North today with Mick and Joe singing together in eerie unison. It sounds great, though Mick wants to add more guitars. This is one of five or six Strummer/Jones songs under consideration for the proposed album, along with ten written by Mick and the group, including Rob Peter Pay Paul, plus whatever further new material may arise, sifted down to the cream.
Teddy is that five or six Strummer / Jones compositions or are there more songs recorded with Joe singing / playing ?