New Youtube BAD

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: New Youtube BAD

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
topperville wrote:Here's a new one I dragged from the archives:

Big Audio Dynamite - Medicine Show
Recorded 6th May 1986 - Town & Country Club, Kentish Town, London
Secret gig recorded for Whistle Test TV programme.

[youtube][/youtube]
I have fond memories of watching that as it went out live. When Mick started doing his "Orgasm Rap", I remember me Dad saying, "They're all on fucking drugs." :mrgreen:
Was at that gig.

A similar thing happened years ago I was sat watching The Kenny Everet Video Show (remember that?) and Elvis Costello & The Attractions were on playing "Olivers Army" my step dad walks in and says "who is this crap" so I say EC&TA and he replies "Oh yeah I suppose they attract you and he scares them away" it reminded me of that scene in Quadrophenia when Jimmy (Phil Daniels) is sat watching Ready Steady Go! and his old man (Michael Elphick) says "Ready Steady what? and referring to Roger Daltrey "I can sing better than that little ape" :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
topperville wrote:Here's a new one I dragged from the archives:

Big Audio Dynamite - Medicine Show
Recorded 6th May 1986 - Town & Country Club, Kentish Town, London
Secret gig recorded for Whistle Test TV programme.

[youtube][/youtube]
I have fond memories of watching that as it went out live. When Mick started doing his "Orgasm Rap", I remember me Dad saying, "They're all on fucking drugs." :mrgreen:
Was at that gig.

A similar thing happened years ago I was sat watching The Kenny Everet Video Show (remember that?) and Elvis Costello & The Attractions were on playing "Olivers Army" my step dad walks in and says "who is this crap" so I say EC&TA and he replies "Oh yeah I suppose they attract you and he scares them away" it reminded me of that scene in Quadrophenia when Jimmy (Phil Daniels) is sat watching Ready Steady Go! and his old man (Michael Elphick) says "Ready Steady what? and referring to Roger Daltrey "I can sing better than that little ape" :rolleyes:
The good old generation gap, eh? :mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

My dad always seemed more befuddled than enraged at my music
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
Was at that gig.
So was I - that's why I kept it on VHS all these years as I can be seen several times. I remember them doing two takes of Medicine Show (or might have been E=MC2) - first one went wrong. Stayed afterwards with the support band 3 Wise Men who I'd met at the gig in Brighton a few days earlier. They were a good laugh and then met BAD in an empty hall. Shook Micks hand but was too dumbstruck to say much really apart from great gig. Don was friendly. Good times.
Here's the second track - cut short and covered in end credits but hey!

[youtube][/youtube]

Heston

Post by Heston »

topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Was at that gig.
So was I - that's why I kept it on VHS all these years as I can be seen several times. I remember them doing two takes of Medicine Show (or might have been E=MC2) - first one went wrong. Stayed afterwards with the support band 3 Wise Men who I'd met at the gig in Brighton a few days earlier. They were a good laugh and then met BAD in an empty hall. Shook Micks hand but was too dumbstruck to say much really apart from great gig. Don was friendly. Good times.

[youtube][/youtube]
They repeated the show a few days later and we got E=mc2 in full, I think I have it on tape somewhere.

So which one are you then Topperville? And Marky, can you be seen on the footage?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Heston wrote:
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Was at that gig.

[youtube][/youtube]
They repeated the show a few days later and we got E=mc2 in full, I think I have it on tape somewhere.

So which one are you then Topperville? And Marky, can you be seen on the footage?
Fortunately due to the rather poor recording I can't be seen in high quality - 4:14 on Medicine Show left hand side facing the camera in sky blue sta-prest trousers and black bikers jacket is about the best view.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
Heston wrote:
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Was at that gig.

[youtube][/youtube]

Fortunately due to the rather poor recording I can't be seen in high quality - 4:14 on Medicine Show left hand side facing the camera in sky blue sta-prest trousers and black bikers jacket is about the best view.
No I'm not in any of the footage of the gig I have seen. Was stood just left to middle of stage about half way probably (sadly) just out of shot. They played E=MC2 twice as the first one did indeed go wrong.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

In the last couple of weeks Sony have uploaded all the BAD vids to YouTube in high quality, probably as a prelude to the reissues next year.

Here's Looking For A Song, those legs are even scarier in high definition....

[youtube][/youtube]

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Heston wrote:In the last couple of weeks Sony have uploaded all the BAD vids to YouTube in high quality, probably as a prelude to the reissues next year.

[youtube][/youtube]
Is This is Big Audio Dynamite the only reiussue next year, or is the entire back catologue in the works?

Heston

Post by Heston »

daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:In the last couple of weeks Sony have uploaded all the BAD vids to YouTube in high quality, probably as a prelude to the reissues next year.

[youtube][/youtube]
Is This is Big Audio Dynamite the only reiussue next year, or is the entire back catologue in the works?
It has been implied that at least the first four albums are being remastered.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Heston wrote:
daredevil wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
I hope that's true. I'll be in line to buy TIB and No.10. Upping St.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
daredevil wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
I hope that's true. I'll be in line to buy TIB and No.10. Upping St.
If they are being remastered (properly) I want 'em all.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Just added this interview yesterday

[youtube][/youtube]

Heston

Post by Heston »

bazarboy75 wrote:Just added this interview yesterday

[youtube][/youtube]
For fucks sake, Mick.

Why?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
bazarboy75 wrote:Just added this interview yesterday

[youtube][/youtube]
For fucks sake, Mick.

Why?
"If I had my time again, I would get my fuckin' hair cut"

Mick's A Hippie Burning....yeah right!

Forces have been looting