Football fanzines

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
danielmak
Corner Soul

Football fanzines

Post by danielmak »

I am looking for these issues of Aux Armes (an English-language fanzine about French football): 2, 5, 6, 7, 11, 16, 18, and 27 (if issue 27 exists).

I am also looking for these issues of Rigore (an English-language zine about Italian football): 1, 2, 10, 11, 15, 19, 21, 22, 24, and 26+ (if the zine went beyond issue 25).

I have some issues of Elfmeter, Aux Armes, and When Domenica Comes to trade.

Thanks.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Football fanzines

Post by dave202 »

I used to but several Scottish football fanzines way back when, and some were quite funny as well as informative. Celtic's official weekley was 'The Celtic View' but the fanzine was more informative, less biased and had a long running series of "They Disgraced The Hoops," featuring some nightmare signings of yore. The other main Celtic fanzine was 'Once A Tim' but it wasn't quite as good.

Dundee United had one, 'The Final Hurdle' which alluded to their many appearances in the Scottish Cup final without success. Beating Rangers in '94 put an end to the title, and fanzines were winding down a bit anyway, although last time I looked some excellent material was on the web.

Whilst staying in Aberdeen I bought their one, 'The Northern Light,' but their belief that the Granite City was not only the centre of the universe, but also the friendliest place on earth wasn't borne out by my observations. However, some humour was in evidence, as their fans respond well to jibes about haveing inter-species relationships with sheep. One cartoon had two coes leaning over a fence chanting to a flock, "Aberdeen supporter-sha**ing bast**ds!" (Sorry, super injunction there, as alluding to sheep might include Welshmen acording to Ryan Giggs law firm).

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Best fanzine name ever was Gillinghams "Brian Moores head looks uncannily like London planitarium.." :mrgreen:

Image.
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

war officer
Corner Soul

Post by war officer »

cant believe you never had more comments on this.years ago i used to buy,"when saturday comes".a good off the wall look at footie.not seen it for years,dont know if it still gets published.Elgin city had a fanzine years ago called the playboys.Once worked with an Aberdeen fan and this welsh guy got a job with us.he told me that evryone called him sheepshagger,,i told him as long as there was an aberdeen fan on the job,he wouldnt be called sheepshagger.haha.thanks for this.

tosh
Long Time Jerk

Post by tosh »

still got about 5,000 fanzines sitting in my mum's loft back in England. I even had my own fanzine for 3 or 4 years - One Minute To go, which later became, another Wasted Corner. Being in the 'biz' meant I used to get all kinds of different fanzines sent to me. Probably got at least one copy of 90% of the fanzines around in the mid nineties.

The funniest thing is that people still reference Another Wasted Corner as being such an apt title for a Liverpool fanzine, Guardian blog mentioned it only the other week. as I recall Mark Wright was pissed off at the title back in the day

tosh
Long Time Jerk

Post by tosh »

Purple Hayes wrote:Best fanzine name ever was Gillinghams "Brian Moores head looks uncannily like London planitarium.." :mrgreen:

Image.

Good bunch of fella's as well. Met up with them at a HMHB show at one point in the past