General music discussion.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Spiff »

Waterloo is a pretty cool tune.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Spiff wrote:Waterloo is a pretty cool tune.
Silver medal behind DQ.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kaleb wrote:
Heston wrote:If pressed, I would probably admit to "Dancing Queen" by ABBA being my favourite song of all time.
The definition of insanity, ladies and gentlemen.
You need to hear the Blind Melon Chitlin cover.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
Silver medal behind DQ.
I like S.O.S. The best. Dancing Queen is great, but I heard it too many times at bars in college.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silver medal behind DQ.
I like S.O.S. The best. Dancing Queen is great, but I heard it too many times at bars in college.
Glen Matlock stole a small segment of S.O.S. for Pretty Vacant and if you listen intently you can suss the part he stole. So I'm with JB for S.O.S.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:I'm just as stunned as Heston would be to learn I have no Pantera albums on my iTunes. I thought I had at least 2.

Dimebag, indeed.

Not on iTunes, but there. In your fucking heart.
Wolter has a heart?
No.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:I'm just as stunned as Heston would be to learn I have no Pantera albums on my iTunes. I thought I had at least 2.

Dimebag, indeed.

Not on iTunes, but there. In your fucking heart.
Wolter has a heart?
No.
As big as Greenwich Village.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

From David Konow's Bang Your Head: The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal, on W.A.S.P.'s stage show: "The band also threw raw meat into the audience; eventually fans brought their own meat to the shows to throw back at the band. One night Holmes was knocked unconscious by a flying rump roast."
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:From David Konow's Bang Your Head: The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal, on W.A.S.P.'s stage show: "The band also threw raw meat into the audience; eventually fans brought their own meat to the shows to throw back at the band. One night Holmes was knocked unconscious by a flying rump roast."
I know what I'm doing for the next Morrissey show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:From David Konow's Bang Your Head: The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal, on W.A.S.P.'s stage show: "The band also threw raw meat into the audience; eventually fans brought their own meat to the shows to throw back at the band. One night Holmes was knocked unconscious by a flying rump roast."
:lol: Just read another good anecdote. During a Dokken show, George Lynch rips his spandex in the crotch doing the splits. He hid his danglies behind his guitar, but it was a really long song, so while he's playing a roadie duct taped the crotch of his pants together. Another Dokken story had the the singer throwing his mike up in the air, losing it in the lights, and when it came down it knocked off his wig. Total Spinal Tap stuff.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Will throwing a bag of Quorn at Morrissey have the same effect.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
:lol: Just read another good anecdote. During a Dokken show, George Lynch rips his spandex in the crotch doing the splits. He hid his danglies behind his guitar, but it was a really long song, so while he's playing a roadie duct taped the crotch of his pants together. Another Dokken story had the the singer throwing his mike up in the air, losing it in the lights, and when it came down it knocked off his wig. Total Spinal Tap stuff.
:lol: to this whole exchange.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
This is hilarious stuff. Unfortunately, I have such a powerful aversion to the mere mention of these bands due to the Great Split of 1986, when all of the fellow punks at my high school decided to become metal heads. I still haven't quite recovered.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
This is hilarious stuff. Unfortunately, I have such a powerful aversion to the mere mention of these bands due to the Great Split of 1986, when all of the fellow punks at my high school decided to become metal heads. I still haven't quite recovered.
Stay true JB, stay true.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image