Unknown Immortal

The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Rat Patrol »

I can't believe it's only 3 days until the Campaign 2016 ads start! X(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Everyone knows that Obama/Romney (pick one) has a secret plan to cancel all future elections and rule by fiat after he steals this one.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

I predict Ohio will be a clusterfuck of voting irregularities, voter suppression, and voter intimidation.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Spiff wrote:I predict Ohio will be a clusterfuck of voting irregularities, voter suppression, and voter intimidation.
So, same as every year?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:I predict Ohio will be a clusterfuck of voting irregularities, voter suppression, and voter intimidation.
I agree. Fucking ACORN bastards …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I agree. Fucking ACORN bastards …
They have moles everywhere.

Everywhere.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

[youtube][/youtube]

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Why is British television showing mass coverage of this election? There was a live 30 minute segment on BBC News24 the other day, just showing Obama waffling on about issues that are totally irrelevant to the UK. Does US television show footage of the local by-elections in Chipping Sodbury?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:Why is British television showing mass coverage of this election? There was a live 30 minute segment on BBC News24 the other day, just showing Obama waffling on about issues that are totally irrelevant to the UK. Does US television show footage of the local by-elections in Chipping Sodbury?
:lol:

Hell, I don't even want to see the IS election, and I live here.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:Does US television show footage of the local by-elections in Chipping Sodbury?
PBS might. Or BBC America.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Does US television show footage of the local by-elections in Chipping Sodbury?
I know I followed the North Minehead By-Election with interest...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Probably a top three Python skit for me (likely cos it appeals to me as a history nerd). In fact, I have used more than a few times the line, "If he opens his big mouth again, it's lampshade time!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Probably a top three Python skit for me (likely cos it appeals to me as a history nerd). In fact, I have used more than a few times the line, "If he opens his big mouth again, it's lampshade time!"
Same here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Seriously, one thing that's good about this election is that thanks to demographics and mortality rates, this is the last presidential election that the Republican appeal to angry white men—basically, Nixon's Southern Strategy or variations of the same, which have been part of every campaign since '68—can be a successful methodology. If it wants to be a viable national party, the GOP will have to abandon (or at least seriously moderate) its racism as campaign strategy and, perhaps, policy.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I want this election to be over.