The Fall

General music discussion.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

The Fall

Post by Silent Majority »

Re-Mit marks the first time in the history of The Fall that the group have released four consecutive studio albums recorded with the same line-up. It is the 30th studio album by the English post-punk group, The Fall.

Going to play this tomorrow, when the world be slightly less angry about how loud it'll be.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Fall

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ho yeah! It has escaped me that the release date was impending. I, too, will be listening to it tomorrow (while reading about 1950s suburban architecture, no less).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

You mean Mark E. Smith and the Your Grannys.

Didn't know about this. Will check it out.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

The Fall/Mark E. Smith are the band whose lyrics Black Francis tweets lately. It used to be Tim and Eric references.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Silent Majority wrote:
Re-Mit marks the first time in the history of The Fall that the group have released four consecutive studio albums recorded with the same line-up. It is the 30th studio album by the English post-punk group, The Fall.
There's still time before the tour to put a drummer in the hospital with a ruptured spleen!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

MES' appraisal: The Irish are vermin who shouldn't be allowed access to anything more than a hoe and a rag.
“James Murphy is their chief, they show their bollocks when they eat.” - Mark E Smith, 'Irish.'

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:“James Murphy is their chief, they show their bollocks when they eat.” - Mark E Smith, 'Irish.'
Holy crap. You've achieved Fall immortality.

I'm on my second listen thru. Probably nothing that will appeal to anyone save for the devoted MES fans. Really, it sounds to me like a collection of Fall b-sides, and by that I don't mean substandard songs that were left off an album, but that none have that "grab you" quality. They're more subtle, I think, tho that abuses the meaning of word in that the Fall aren't subtle. I like what I hear, but I'm also predisposed to buy MES' kool-aid.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:“James Murphy is their chief, they show their bollocks when they eat.” - Mark E Smith, 'Irish.'

I'm on my second listen thru. Probably nothing that will appeal to anyone save for the devoted MES fans. Really, it sounds to me like a collection of Fall b-sides, and by that I don't mean substandard songs that were left off an album, but that none have that "grab you" quality. They're more subtle, I think, tho that abuses the meaning of word in that the Fall aren't subtle. I like what I hear, but I'm also predisposed to buy MES' kool-aid.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It feels like a scrambled compilation more than a full album, and messy with it, but one of my problems with Ersatz GB from '11 was it felt a little too professional. I'll probably have it in rotation for the next couple of weeks, but then return to my Grotesques, Fall Heads Roll, etcs for my Fall fix.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It feels like a scrambled compilation more than a full album, and messy with it, but one of my problems with Ersatz GB from '11 was it felt a little too professional. I'll probably have it in rotation for the next couple of weeks, but then return to my Grotesques, Fall Heads Roll, etcs for my Fall fix.
Yeah well don't feel bad there will be another album along in a week or so.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

That was my thought when I missed them at the Clapham Grand last Friday. I'll just wait til they tour their new album next month.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:That was my thought when I missed them at the Clapham Grand last Friday. I'll just wait til they tour their new album next month.
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

1. Check new posts.
2. See someone posted in the Fall thread.
3. Assume it was James.
4. ??????
5. Profit.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Via Spider Stacy, so it can only get Jamesier.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:1. Check new posts.
2. See someone posted in the Fall thread.
3. Assume it was James.
:angry: I'm right here, dude.

Anyway, SM, you ever read this?

I bought a copy a few years ago and the fact that I can't remember a single thing about it says it wasn't, uh, memorable. I'll have to throw it in the queue again.