Blow-Up free downloads

Online music exchange.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Blow-Up free downloads

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Thanks Marky. And glad we could wrap your head around. Lots of references with the samples. The Bowie piano. The Fatboy Slim breakbeat MJ used on Ally Pally and didn't mind if we adopted. Jagger blather from an old Peter Whitehouse clip, Bill Murray as Hunter Thompson, Lou/Jim Carroll/David Jo as the voices of NewYork, something I can't remember to intro the live T. Rex. Did I miss anything? The Merzbow/John Zorn mashup-- wait, that wasn't on this record.

Oh, and Steve Hunter playing cool fretless bass on Reckless Hearts I thought. Pat DiPuccio on EBow guitar solo. Almost sophisticated, like.
So many people forget about poor old Robin Hood in "20th Century Boy" and change him for rock n' roll. Still a very cool version. :approve:

That Bowie reprise was a real "wood for the trees" moment. :disshame:

Love all the samples especially the "How do you call your lover boy?".

The track "Back in the Rain" took me by complete surprise in a good way.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Boss Sounds
Corner Soul

Post by Boss Sounds »

The latest show was just uploaded... 10 in all so far!

I don't know who is responsible for making these available (Teddy B?), but I can't say THANKS enough for uploading these shows. This is great music, and the package (lossless files, high quality artwork, etc.) is superb. I'd only had a passing knowledge of Blow-Up before, but these releases have moved them to "essential" status now.

Grab these while you can, and THANKS AGAIN for offering these up to the world!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Boss Sounds wrote:The latest show was just uploaded... 10 in all so far!

I don't know who is responsible for making these available (Teddy B?), but I can't say THANKS enough for uploading these shows. This is great music, and the package (lossless files, high quality artwork, etc.) is superb. I'd only had a passing knowledge of Blow-Up before, but these releases have moved them to "essential" status now.

Grab these while you can, and THANKS AGAIN for offering these up to the world!
Yep TeddyB is the man repsonsible. He's the vocalist (just don't tell him I told you) and yep the band are terrific and very underrated. I cleaned up and remastered the bulk of the audio and made all the artwork with Teddy supplying the band photos and some direction.

He's a very modest guy in my opinion and extremely generous to share these shows. I for one am glad to have been involved in this project and it's nice to hear the band get more positive feedback. I'm stunned they were not bigger but that's how it goes sometimes I guess.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Anyone recommend the best place to start for me with Blow-Up? Official stuff or bootleg?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:Anyone recommend the best place to start for me with Blow-Up? Official stuff or bootleg?
I like the "Cool like Dino" show. Recorded May 25, 1984 at the "World Famous" Hollywood Palace.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I'm truly chuffed to see anyone interested in this old rope. It was Marky and Muppet HiFi who were the impetus for this bootleg programme. Marky did wonderful work on the art and post-production side. There's two pretty comprehensive Blow-Up compilations divided by chronology available on iTunes and Amazon (for those who still prefer physical product) and also the one most critically acclaimed of the original records but I'd encourage anyone interested in downloading one or more of the free bootlegs from the band's website to check it out first.

Incidentally, for anyone who ever picked up the Flashback soundtrack for the BAD song Free, the song Fatal Attraction is actually a late period Blow-Up song credited for arcane reasons to "The Ultraviolets." So a few may have heard that one.