Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Like his politics or not, Obama is cool as fuck

Post by tepista »

I still like Obama. Until he comes to LA and fucks up traffic, which seems to be 3 or 4 times a year.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:I still like Obama. Until he comes to LA and fucks up traffic, which seems to be 3 or 4 times a year.
Only 3-4 times a year? I get it every month or so. I don't even drive it messes me up.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:I still like Obama. Until he comes to LA and fucks up traffic, which seems to be 3 or 4 times a year.
Only 3-4 times a year? I get it every month or so. I don't even drive it messes me up.
We got The Biden last week fucking up the Southeast Expressway. Guess he doesn't take Amtrak no more. :meh:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
I didn't realize he went to Boston that often. Cops have to be aware of 3 black males in the Boston area instead of 2?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I didn't realize he went to Boston that often. Cops have to be aware of 3 black males in the Boston area instead of 2?
I'm in NYC now.

Don't ride your bike into the motorcade:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I'm in NYC now.

Freedom isn't free.

Also, I'm fine with the tackling, he could have gotten fucked up by the motorcade that came by right after. Not sure the need for the post-tackle roughing up and arresting though.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I'm in NYC now.

Freedom isn't free.

Also, I'm fine with the tackling, he could have gotten fucked up by the motorcade that came by right after. Not sure the need for the post-tackle roughing up and arresting though.
Go back to Russia, homo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Cops protected a black guy by beating up a white guy. Happy Backwards Day!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:Cops protected a black guy by beating up a white guy. Happy Backwards Day!
:lol:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sorry to bump this thread, but its title is appropriate. I'm sketching out my Obama lecture at the end of term and relying for a lot of structure a couple recent survey texts. And, holy ass-humping Jesus, they are so unambiguously pro-Obama. Saviour of the American Dream, genius diplomat, master legislation passer, etc etc etc. I'll admit that he accomplished a great deal under difficult situations and that the Republicans were crazed obstructionists driven in no small part by racism, but there's zero criticism of the man or his policies in these accounts. The worst they can say is that, no, he didn't transform politics like he said he would in 2008, but it wasn't his fault. If I were a conservative, I'd go even crazier and start yelling false flag and throw my poo against the wall if I read these accounts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 4:16pm
Sorry to bump this thread, but its title is appropriate. I'm sketching out my Obama lecture at the end of term and relying for a lot of structure a couple recent survey texts. And, holy ass-humping Jesus, they are so unambiguously pro-Obama. Saviour of the American Dream, genius diplomat, master legislation passer, etc etc etc. I'll admit that he accomplished a great deal under difficult situations and that the Republicans were crazed obstructionists driven in no small part by racism, but there's zero criticism of the man or his policies in these accounts. The worst they can say is that, no, he didn't transform politics like he said he would in 2008, but it wasn't his fault. If I were a conservative, I'd go even crazier and start yelling false flag and throw my poo against the wall if I read these accounts.
Remember when cK thought this board was super pro-Obama cos of this thread?
Tallest dwarf: Obama was the best President since the 60s.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 4:42pm
Remember when cK thought this board was super pro-Obama cos of this thread?
Ha, right! Was that this thread? We were always so mainstream inside his brain.
Tallest dwarf: Obama was the best President since the 60s.
Depressing as it is, I think you're right. Unless it's Ford because he didn't have as much time to accumulate sins.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is what Trumpers say about Donny. It's a problem on both sides.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 5:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is what Trumpers say about Donny. It's a problem on both sides.
But those are obvious partisans. Survey texts tend to be pretty even-handed (blandly so, imo). It's striking to see something so skewed.