Anybody Want A Care Pack?

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Anybody Want A Care Pack?

Post by daredevil »

I've got some extra discs that I was going to trash, unless someone in the USA wants em.

Clash - US festival 5/28/83 1 cdr - No edits, upgrade version.
Clash - Des Moines 5/16/84 2cdr
LRW - 11/22/89 dvd+r

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Anybody Want A Care Pack?

Post by daredevil »

Package goes to Still 216

reaper0345
Corner Soul

Post by reaper0345 »

just curious, Clash - US festival 5/28/83 1 cdr - No edits, upgrade version. is that the new version with london calling etc. complete? Been looking for that for a while and thought it was a myth lol

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Is there such a thing? I thought the unedited tracks were actually from another show?

reaper0345
Corner Soul

Post by reaper0345 »

laxman wrote:Is there such a thing? I thought the unedited tracks were actually from another show?
there is apprantly, well according to BMC anyway, been looking for a while so i can upgrade the video with the complete songs

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

reaper0345 wrote:just curious, Clash - US festival 5/28/83 1 cdr - No edits, upgrade version. is that the new version with london calling etc. complete? Been looking for that for a while and thought it was a myth lol
It's been in circulation for a while, I thought it was on the megalist?
London Calling and Radio Clash are complete. SEH has a small edit.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

daredevil wrote:
reaper0345 wrote:just curious, Clash - US festival 5/28/83 1 cdr - No edits, upgrade version. is that the new version with london calling etc. complete? Been looking for that for a while and thought it was a myth lol
No. That's been on the Megalist request list for ages, but no one's ever come forward to post it.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Rat Patrol wrote:
daredevil wrote:
No. That's been on the Megalist request list for ages, but no one's ever come forward to post it.
I'll have it posted to the Megalist thread by tomorrow night, in 320kbps. Thanks to Daredevil for sending it!
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

The last time I heard an "unedited" version of US Festival it used London Calling from the Live In Tokyo cd. Is this one Kosher?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I'm 99.99999999......% sure its kosher.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

I just double checked the unedited vs. the source that's been around. They're both the same US Festival show, for sure. The unedited sounds like it's a tape generation or so behind the currently circulating one, but still sounds damn good.

You know, back in '83 up until the mid-90s, the cable system in Cleveland fed stereo audio for all of the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc) to FM frequencies - for example, if you hooked the coax to your FM receiver, you could get Showtime's audio on 105.1, MTV's audio on 106.9, etc...all in beautiful stereo. The cable decoders used back then didn't support MTS stereo, so some companies made high end VCRs that would support recording the video off a decoder and would simultaneously record the audio off a built in FM tuner. What all this Stereo Review-ish nonsense means, in brief - every cable-connected resident of metropolitan Cleveland (and probably a lot of other cities) had the audio from Showtime's broadcast of the US Festival sent directly to their homes in better stereo quality than the very best US Fest source out there now (which sounds like it's from mono VHS). Makes you wonder if anyone might have had audio tape rolling on the FM feed...

Anyway, the unedited US Festival is on the Megalist thread now. Enjoy...
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority