So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 5:08pm
Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:34pm
Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:06pm

As far as I know, yes, the book hasn't offended. I was just suggesting that that was one possible reason for a documentary only a few years later. The MOMA show was a bonus in one of their bootleg packages. You want an upload, senor?

edit: Oops, I was wrong. It was Bloomsbury Theatre, London, the following month.
Please, unless the bootleg is still available, in which case I wouldn't mind having the DVD. Thank you!
Here ya go: https://mega.nz/#!8dtRDQjS!p_qJAscnazdv ... qaLWpfirD8

If you want the physical dvd, lemme know. I can make a copy and ship it out post-haste.
Thanks!
So, is that a yes or no to a physical dvd?
Well I was saying above that if the bootleg is still available from their store, I'll buy it from them to get the DVD, but I'm not seeing it there. i mean, I'd like to have it but I certainly don't want to pry it from your grasp if you have love for it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 5:16pm
Well I was saying above that if the bootleg is still available from their store, I'll buy it from them to get the DVD, but I'm not seeing it there. i mean, I'd like to have it but I certainly don't want to pry it from your grasp if you have love for it.
Yeah, I think the silver dvd from pinkflag was a limited thing if you bought all three or whatever boots they were offering at the time, or maybe it was related to Red Barked Tree. I already had a copy dl'd from Dimeadozen years before, so I'm happy to pass on the silver one. There's no sleeve or nothing, but it is genuine pinkflag product. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it off tomorrow.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Interesting-ish cover album from The Blog That Celebrates Itself: https://theblogthatcelebratesitself.ba ... -revisited

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 4:58pm
Interesting-ish cover album from The Blog That Celebrates Itself: https://theblogthatcelebratesitself.ba ... -revisited
Oh, I'll be buying that one! Thanks!

edit: Also bought the New Order one. I'm a sucker for any cover of "Ceremony."

edit, jr.: Listening to the Wire one right now. It's actually pretty good. It also demonstrates, I think, that Wire songs are constructed in a way that invites fairly diverse, even radical interpretations.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 5:00pm
Kory wrote:

edit, jr.: Listening to the Wire one right now. It's actually pretty good. It also demonstrates, I think, that Wire songs are constructed in a way that invites fairly diverse, even radical interpretations.
I just did a quick skim of it and noticed the same thing. I'll take a closer look later. It seems a little weird that the title song isn't on the comp though (unless I'm blind).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 6:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 5:00pm
Kory wrote:

I just did a quick skim of it and noticed the same thing. I'll take a closer look later. It seems a little weird that the title song isn't on the comp though (unless I'm blind).
Ha! You're right. Dumb choice for an album title, anyway. [# of songs] Versions is the obvious one, or maybe Practice Makes Perfect.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That's a curious assembly of words.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 10:32am
That's a curious assembly of words.
Yeah like most of the right pieces but in the wrong order.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Listening to this again, and I think this is my favourite version of the song, including even the original.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 5:22pm
Kory wrote:
Yeah, I think the silver dvd from pinkflag was a limited thing if you bought all three or whatever boots they were offering at the time, or maybe it was related to Red Barked Tree. I already had a copy dl'd from Dimeadozen years before, so I'm happy to pass on the silver one. There's no sleeve or nothing, but it is genuine pinkflag product. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it off tomorrow.
You kindly sent me a copy of that Bloomsbury show. The Red Barked Tree related CD was the ''Strays'' ep.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 8:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
You kindly sent me a copy of that Bloomsbury show. The Red Barked Tree related CD was the ''Strays'' ep.
Man, I am a peach all around, huh? ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 8:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 8:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Man, I am a peach all around, huh? ;)
I can't really argue with that. :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

New Wire album early next year plus news / solicitation for funds for their self-produced documentary: https://pinkflag.greedbag.com/mailouts/ ... s-24-06-19

I'll be throwing in some cash, but I gotta say that their extra incentives plus the tiers involved are more miserly than most projects of this type.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 8:57am
New Wire album early next year plus news / solicitation for funds for their self-produced documentary: https://pinkflag.greedbag.com/mailouts/ ... s-24-06-19

I'll be throwing in some cash, but I gotta say that their extra incentives plus the tiers involved are more miserly than most projects of this type.
I hope they fix that type treatment ("People Wire in a Film").