Fifteen Years

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Fifteen Years

Post by rudebhoy »

C1ashCityRockr wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 8:20am
WestwayKid wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 12:47pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
22 Dec 2017, 8:06pm
15 years today (err, yesterday now)... on that day i was a senior in high school. was xmas shopping at the mall with my two best friends when my friend's mom called him to tell him. two years ago i spent a night walking around to all joe's old haunts. tonight i went to visit the mural (awful as it was) to find it's gone! so i ending up heading over to joe's old squat near edgware rd station ("joe strummer subway"). RIP joe.
I wanted to have a “brew for breakfast” this morning (yesterday was a work day) but also, you just can’t find it in the US (which is crazy because we have to be kings of potent gut rot beer). I did grab some Carlsberg Elephant last night (I crazily enough found that at a large chain grocery store)...so I had one of those instead.
i grew up in the US and for so long i thought "brew for breakfast" referred to beer, but now i'm pretty certain it's tea :/
The Armagideon Times magazine which was sold on the 16 Tons tour had a little explanation (or sometimes just a cartoon) for every song on LC. The one for RCF mentioned them sitting around drinking (Carlsberg) Special Brew one morning.

Unfortunately I have lost my copy. I can remember scanning it page by page and faxing it to Jeff Dove (think that was his name) in the States to put on his Clash website way back when the internet was dial-up only!

rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by rudebhoy »

found an image on a youtube vid
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 09.43.33.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 09.43.33.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4795 times

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

rudebhoy wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 5:40am
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 8:20am
WestwayKid wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 12:47pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
22 Dec 2017, 8:06pm
15 years today (err, yesterday now)... on that day i was a senior in high school. was xmas shopping at the mall with my two best friends when my friend's mom called him to tell him. two years ago i spent a night walking around to all joe's old haunts. tonight i went to visit the mural (awful as it was) to find it's gone! so i ending up heading over to joe's old squat near edgware rd station ("joe strummer subway"). RIP joe.
I wanted to have a “brew for breakfast” this morning (yesterday was a work day) but also, you just can’t find it in the US (which is crazy because we have to be kings of potent gut rot beer). I did grab some Carlsberg Elephant last night (I crazily enough found that at a large chain grocery store)...so I had one of those instead.
i grew up in the US and for so long i thought "brew for breakfast" referred to beer, but now i'm pretty certain it's tea :/
The Armagideon Times magazine which was sold on the 16 Tons tour had a little explanation (or sometimes just a cartoon) for every song on LC. The one for RCF mentioned them sitting around drinking (Carlsberg) Special Brew one morning.

Unfortunately I have lost my copy. I can remember scanning it page by page and faxing it to Jeff Dove (think that was his name) in the States to put on his Clash website way back when the internet was dial-up only!
I lost my copy of that too, and I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll have to trace it again, or maybe someone has a good scan?

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

rudebhoy wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 5:47am
found an image on a youtube vid
just a few months late replying to this... (came out of the woodwork for the 001 discussion) but thanks for posting! i hadn't seen this before.

Modernman
Dirty Punk

Post by Modernman »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WHOA WHOA WHOA THANK YOU
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Saw a second hand vinyl of Sandinista for sale the other day and still had copy of Armegideon Times inside.