Gather 'round the fire - The thread where Neil tells us about Saskatoon

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Gather 'round the fire - The thread where Neil tells us about Saskatoon

Post by Kory »

double post
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 7:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 4:54pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 4:35pm
Do people smoke a lot of grass up there? That pizza makes me think they do.
Probably. Not my thing, so I can't say. I will say I smell a lot more pot walking around in Ottawa than I ever did in Saskatoon.
Since legalization it is my observation that damn near everyone in Boston is high as hell. I don’t smoke much anymore but I do enjoy the aroma about town.
So when you say legal do you mean you can walk into a shop and buy it or is it prescription only?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:06pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 7:17pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Since legalization it is my observation that damn near everyone in Boston is high as hell. I don’t smoke much anymore but I do enjoy the aroma about town.
Legalization is coming here in October and one of my sisters is looking forward to it to relieve some persistent anxiety.
I envy those whose anxiety is relieved. I find it makes me super paranoid and unfit for social situations.
Red wine relaxes me like no other booze. Making my own makes it affordable for me to cheaply unwind every evening. A couple good glasses and my stress melts away.
I'm with you on this one.
Okay, you get a place in my (non-existent) will. What do you want?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:06pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Probably. Not my thing, so I can't say. I will say I smell a lot more pot walking around in Ottawa than I ever did in Saskatoon.
Legalization is coming here in October and one of my sisters is looking forward to it to relieve some persistent anxiety.
I envy those whose anxiety is relieved. I find it makes me super paranoid and unfit for social situations.
Red wine relaxes me like no other booze. Making my own makes it affordable for me to cheaply unwind every evening. A couple good glasses and my stress melts away.
I love it but I find it and brown liquor to stir up the old acid reflux. I’ve been making aperol spritz lately.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
So when you say legal do you mean you can walk into a shop and buy it or is it prescription only?
I don't know the score in Mass. Its different everywhere because these are individual state laws. Its still illegal at the federal level and the current regime is very much opposed to it. Its legal to grow and posses where I live but you can't legally buy or sell it. Some entrepreneurs tried to sell a delivery service. The pot was free, you just had to pay for delivery but that was shut down pretty quickly. In Flex country you can go to the pot stores and buy it. I haven't smoked in over 20+ years and I'm fine with that. Maybe in 10 years when its legal nationwide and no hoops to jump thru

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 11:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 8:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I don't know the score in Mass. Its different everywhere because these are individual state laws. Its still illegal at the federal level and the current regime is very much opposed to it. Its legal to grow and posses where I live but you can't legally buy or sell it. Some entrepreneurs tried to sell a delivery service. The pot was free, you just had to pay for delivery but that was shut down pretty quickly. In Flex country you can go to the pot stores and buy it. I haven't smoked in over 20+ years and I'm fine with that. Maybe in 10 years when its legal nationwide and no hoops to jump thru
So where it is 'legal' (or decriminalised) can you smoke pot in public places like outside bars etc..?

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 11:54pm

So where it is 'legal' (or decriminalised) can you smoke pot in public places like outside bars etc..?
I believe technically you aren’t supposed to smoke in public but that has stopped no one. The bike couriers congregate in an alley near my office and are blazing up there constantly. The college kids like the Boston Common and the waterfront.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
That's a good question because pre existing smoking laws for tobacco probably apply which prohibit smoking in a lot of areas.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 12:08am
101Walterton wrote:
That's a good question because pre existing smoking laws for tobacco probably apply which prohibit smoking in a lot of areas.
I meant can you smoke pot anywhere in public as in anywhere where you can smoke cigarettes / vape etc..

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Same. And I also have the joy of convincing myself that I am the ugliest and fattest woman alive who doesn't deserve love. This is why Vicodin is MY drug of choice.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 9:31am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Same. And I also have the joy of convincing myself that I am the ugliest and fattest woman alive who doesn't deserve love. This is why Vicodin is MY drug of choice.
The ex-wife of a friend of mine got seriously horny when she took acid. He was not averse to indulging her use.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

JennyB wrote:

I like a Xanax but only when I fly for more that 4 hours.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 10:46am

The ex-wife of a friend of mine got seriously horny when she took acid. He was not averse to indulging her use.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

That happened to me when I did acid once in college. We were hanging out at a friend's and I was fawning over this guy who I kept saying looked like a Greek statue. The next week, this Danny Bonaduce doppelganger ran up to me saying "HI JEN!" and I was like "Who are you?" It was the guy. Never did acid again.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 11:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That happened to me when I did acid once in college. We were hanging out at a friend's and I was fawning over this guy who I kept saying looked like a Greek statue. The next week, this Danny Bonaduce doppelganger ran up to me saying "HI JEN!" and I was like "Who are you?" It was the guy. Never did acid again.
That was no doppelganger!