MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: MLB 2018

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:43pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:26pm
tepista wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:25pm

Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron for sure.
That's 2 of the 4.
Willie Mays—Giants and Mets—has to be one.
It is. 1 left.
See my edit!
You got it! The Beast!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:50pm
I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?
I'm partially cheating here: Bill Virdon. I had to look up who was the manager during the mid-70s renos that forced the Yankees to play at Shea.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I'm partially cheating here: Bill Virdon. I had to look up who was the manager during the mid-70s renos that forced the Yankees to play at Shea.
I had a guy regale my cousin and I with those two questions in a bar several years ago. We managed to figure out the home run question - but we were both stumped on the Bill Virdon answer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I had a guy regale my cousin and I with those two questions in a bar several years ago. We managed to figure out the home run question - but we were both stumped on the Bill Virdon answer.
I might have legit gotten it as I recently re-read Dan Epstein's Big Hair and Plastic Grass, on 1970s baseball. It makes a superb case that that decade was baseball's fucked-up peak.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2495 ... gs-threats

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:11am

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:
It's kinda cool that a person with only $50K in assets could amass $31M in debts. There's an argument there that he beat the system. (Except for the jail thing.)

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:19am
Rat Patrol wrote:

It's kinda cool that a person with only $50K in assets could amass $31M in debts. There's an argument there that he beat the system. (Except for the jail thing.)
“See this motherfucker across the street? He’s got a hot fucking daughter, dude,” Lenny told Memet as he drove up. He added that the father once confronted him about staring, but he came up with an excuse.
https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/1 ... d-special/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:19am
Rat Patrol wrote:

“See this motherfucker across the street? He’s got a hot fucking daughter, dude,” Lenny told Memet as he drove up. He added that the father once confronted him about staring, but he came up with an excuse.
https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/1 ... d-special/
:scared: He and Schilling should tour together, promoting diversity of scumbaggery.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Houston Astros: 2/1
Boston Red Sox: 9/4
Los Angeles Dodgers: 3/1
Milwaukee Brewers: 4/1
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 5:10pm
Houston Astros: 2/1
Boston Red Sox: 9/4
Los Angeles Dodgers: 3/1
Milwaukee Brewers: 4/1
Looks good to me—9 beats 2, 3, and 4, and 4 beats all those 1's.

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Of course Joe West is crew chief for the ALCS. Of course.

BostonBeaneater

Roberto Clemente's last game was 46 years ago last night. He was voted into the HOF with 92.7% of the ballot the following Spring. At least 7.8% of the voters were assholes who hated baseball.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:24am
Roberto Clemente's last game was 46 years ago last night. He was voted into the HOF with 92.7% of the ballot the following Spring. At least 7.8% of the voters were assholes who hated baseball.

Great ballplayer, even greater human being. He was as complete a baseball player as you can imagine—he just did everything extraordinarily well.