movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
hairydot61
Junco Partner

Re: movies

Post by hairydot61 »

tepista wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 6:44pm
Tenebre (1982) An American novelist (Anthony Franciosa) on a promo tour in Milan becomes a suspect when pretty women around town are being killed and having pages from his book shoved into their dying mouths! The kills scenes are outstanding and borderline iconic, highlighted by an unforgettable arm-chop. Lots of beautiful women and many of them nude. It would be hard for me to say this could rate any lower than Dario Argento’s 3rd best movie (tied with Bird with the Crystal Plumage). Also with John Saxon and Daria Nicoletti. Absolute must-see, whether you like giallo or not.
I make you right with this film description, I picked in up on DVD as the cover looked interesting, I think its Italian?, they really know how to push the boundaries of weird and unusual, some of it was edge of the seat and keeping you guessing.
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:31pm
tepista wrote:
Well I liked the Babadook, but they aren't in the same neighborhood. Hereditary was as serious as shit as far as horror movies go, and the last half hour was pretty fucking scary.
I wonder what the hell that person was talking about then.
Inder wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 1:37pm
I finally saw Hereditary and boy howdy I did not enjoy it.

110 minutes of half-assed Babadook, 10 minutes of "WE NEED TO FINISH THIS MOVIE IN TEN MINUTES."
Ahem — I thought Hereditary was balls, a whole lot of annoying brooding silliness in the vein of Babadook with a similar rush to wrap things up after they THIS IS SERIOUS HORROR MOVIE'd themselves into a corner for an hour forty-five.

Thank you.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Inder wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 11:08am
Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:31pm
tepista wrote:
Well I liked the Babadook, but they aren't in the same neighborhood. Hereditary was as serious as shit as far as horror movies go, and the last half hour was pretty fucking scary.
I wonder what the hell that person was talking about then.
Inder wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 1:37pm
I finally saw Hereditary and boy howdy I did not enjoy it.

110 minutes of half-assed Babadook, 10 minutes of "WE NEED TO FINISH THIS MOVIE IN TEN MINUTES."
Ahem — I thought Hereditary was balls, a whole lot of annoying brooding silliness in the vein of Babadook with a similar rush to wrap things up after they THIS IS SERIOUS HORROR MOVIE'd themselves into a corner for an hour forty-five.

Thank you.
Oh YEAHHH. Now I remember.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
rush to wrap things up after they THIS IS SERIOUS HORROR MOVIE'd themselves into a corner for an hour forty-five.
I'm OK that you think that, but I often hear from the "slow burn" crowd that they don't like when the shit hits the fan in the 3rd act. Well what were we "slow burning" for if not a payoff? Are they mad at Thanksgiving when the turkey comes out cooked?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

hairydot61 wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 9:53am
tepista wrote:
Tenebre (1982) An American novelist (Anthony Franciosa) on a promo tour in Milan becomes a suspect when pretty women around town are being killed and having pages from his book shoved into their dying mouths! The kills scenes are outstanding and borderline iconic, highlighted by an unforgettable arm-chop. Lots of beautiful women and many of them nude. It would be hard for me to say this could rate any lower than Dario Argento’s 3rd best movie (tied with Bird with the Crystal Plumage). Also with John Saxon and Daria Nicoletti. Absolute must-see, whether you like giallo or not.
I make you right with this film description, I picked in up on DVD as the cover looked interesting, I think its Italian?, they really know how to push the boundaries of weird and unusual, some of it was edge of the seat and keeping you guessing.
Italian horror movies are easily my fave!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

tepista wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 4:41pm
Inder wrote:
rush to wrap things up after they THIS IS SERIOUS HORROR MOVIE'd themselves into a corner for an hour forty-five.
I'm OK that you think that, but I often hear from the "slow burn" crowd that they don't like when the shit hits the fan in the 3rd act. Well what were we "slow burning" for if not a payoff? Are they mad at Thanksgiving when the turkey comes out cooked?
I HATE TURKEY

I'll watch it again, maybe the hype got me down.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
Inder wrote:
I like when slow burns end slow. That's why I hated Sunshine so much. It just pulls you way the hell out of the story.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 5:20pm
tepista wrote:
Inder wrote:
I like when slow burns end slow. That's why I hated Sunshine so much. It just pulls you way the hell out of the story.
Do you like Dylan songs with no chorus? ;)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 6:00pm
Kory wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 5:20pm
tepista wrote:
Inder wrote:
Do you like Dylan songs with no chorus? ;)
As I think everyone here knows already, I only care for the first 4 albums.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Been meaning to watch this documentary from 1968 for awhile, and my class is discussing a book about the SF counterculture today, so I figured the timing was right. I still have a hard time comprehending the speed and radical transformation of so many young people in the 60s. In 1963 or 1964, these kids would look more or less like they did in the 50s. A few years later, there's this intense and open subculture that is visually varied, open to all types of experiences (sexual, pharmaceutical, social, cultural), embracing utopian beliefs of absolute freedom and harmony. A lot of it seems bizarre as is, but that it blossomed and spread so quickly is hard to understand. That it goes to fuck almost as quickly is almost certainly because it happened so fast in the first place. It's just so fucking disorienting. The past really is a foreign land.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watched When a Stranger Calls (1979) this evening. The first twenty minutes are superb, even if the phonecall-coming-from-in-the-house device has since become almost a gag, but the rest of the film is a whole lot of huh.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Hold the Dark (2018)

Elvis’s granddaughter writes a letter to wolf guy (Jeffrey Wright from Westworld) about her son being raked by wolves. He drives up to the Alaskan town to look for unknown reasons. She gets weird and nude and the next morning Westworld goes looking for the wolves. A Native woman tells him that the broad killed the kid. Blah blah, her husband comes back from Iraq, she flees, he goes looking for her to kill. Weirdness, Alaskan Native religion, blah blah. Ok watching if you want to see Elvis’s granddaughter nude.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:50pm
Hold the Dark (2018)

Elvis’s granddaughter writes a letter to wolf guy (Jeffrey Wright from Westworld) about her son being raked by wolves. He drives up to the Alaskan town to look for unknown reasons. She gets weird and nude and the next morning Westworld goes looking for the wolves. A Native woman tells him that the broad killed the kid. Blah blah, her husband comes back from Iraq, she flees, he goes looking for her to kill. Weirdness, Alaskan Native religion, blah blah. Ok watching if you want to see Elvis’s granddaughter nude.
Ummm one or perhaps both of us are drunk...

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Hold the Dark (2018)

Both.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:46pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Hold the Dark (2018)

Both.
If only more people followed our example.