WestwayKid wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 10:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 9:47am
JennyB wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 9:27am
revbob wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 2:20pm

Doc's got a great Gene Simmons STD joke along these lines... I'm too lazy to come up with one.
I was listening to an interview with them on Volume the other day, and Paul said something to the effect of (in trying to stress their importance and influence) "There is KISS dna in everything these days." I almost had to pull over to the side of the road to vomit.
A lot of cold cases could be solved, I guess, by just charging Paul and Gene and going with the DNA evidence.
A lot of fatherless children might no longer be fatherless...
Yet also more miserable by the revelation.
They truly are a band that has lost any perspective on just how important they were. They put out a handful of decent glam infused hard rock albums in the 1st half of the 1970's - obviously helped a ton by their makeup gimmick...but once that got old - and it got old pretty quick - they were nothing more than a middling, aging hard rock band that was more parody than substance. To hear Gene and Paul talk about it - they were as important as the Beatles. I think whenever a band puts on an announced, extended, and self congratulating farewell tour they're probably trying to make up for the fact that their legacy is crap. Legacy insecurity.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 10:31am
To hear Gene and Paul and Heston talk about it - they were as important as the Beatles.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 10:38am
WestwayKid wrote:
To hear Gene and Paul and Heston talk about it - they were as important as the Beatles.
Importanter. To the 70s kids anyway. I had no use for the Beatles or Elvis in the 70s. They were these quaint people who didn't breathe fire and never straddled the world like 7 foot rock gods.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 11:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 10:38am
WestwayKid wrote:
Importanter. To the 70s kids anyway. I had no use for the Beatles or Elvis in the 70s. They were these quaint people who didn't breathe fire and never straddled the world like 7 foot rock gods.
Sure, but kids believe all kinds of dumb stuff like nothing will ever be better than Transformers, monsters hide under the bed, and there'll never be a better show than Superfriends.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 6:19am
Sure, but kids believe all kinds of dumb stuff like nothing will ever be better than Transformers, monsters hide under the bed, and there'll never be a better show than Superfriends.
Wolter dons his debating hat, enters the cage for battle. . .

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm gonna go ahead and say he's guilty.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 8:56pm
I'm gonna go ahead and say he's guilty.
Yeah in this department he makes Trump look gallant.

Heston

Post by Heston »

You will never understand. Look at this, naysayers. A man living out our deranged rock and roll fantasies.

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 10:55pm
You will never understand. Look at this, naysayers. A man living out our deranged rock and roll fantasies.

I will never be as drunk as you are to find value in that.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Name an Alice Copper song that is wetter than Detroit Rock City apart from Elected and Schools Out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 8:24pm
Name an Alice Copper song that is wetter than Detroit Rock City apart from Elected and Schools Out.
Preseved for the drunken typos.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 8:24pm
As in a song that makes you wet? Is that how Gene rates music?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That has nothing to do with Alice Copper, the famous wetcore musician from Tacoma.