Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton »

So the missus is in Aussie working so I get to watch my guilty pleasures. Binge watching series 2 Fargo, it’s as brilliant as series 1 :approve:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 2:34pm
So the missus is in Aussie working so I get to watch my guilty pleasures. Binge watching series 2 Fargo, it’s as brilliant as series 1 :approve:
I loved S2 but I think S3 was even better and that is no slight to S2. The characters were great and seeing Mary Elizabeth Winstead all the time just made it even better.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 5:29pm
101Walterton wrote:
I loved S2 but I think S3 was even better and that is no slight to S2. The characters were great and seeing Mary Elizabeth Winstead all the time just made it even better.
S3 wasn't quite as compelling to me. I certainly enjoyed the deeper morality play involved, but as a whole the characters and story didn't seize me as well as either of the first two seasons. It's not a huge criticism, mind you, as most tv series don't come close to the third season of Fargo. But comparing it against itself, that one ends up behind the others.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 5:38pm
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
S3 wasn't quite as compelling to me. I certainly enjoyed the deeper morality play involved, but as a whole the characters and story didn't seize me as well as either of the first two seasons. It's not a huge criticism, mind you, as most tv series don't come close to the third season of Fargo. But comparing it against itself, that one ends up behind the others.
I will try and finish 2 and get into 3 before she gets back.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 5:38pm
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yeah it could also be a case of S3 being fresher in my mind. And yeah Fargo is way better than most anything else in the TV realm.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Re-watched this yesterday evening and this morning. So goddamned good. Captures schlocky horror perfectly.

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Just finished Fargo 2. Brilliant. But what was the space ship all about?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 2:16pm
I always accepted it as part of the winking, fast-and-loose attitude towards truth—remember that Fargo, movie and tv series, purports to be a true story—but Hawley explains it a bit more here: https://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/fargo ... 201687564/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 2:51pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 2:16pm
I always accepted it as part of the winking, fast-and-loose attitude towards truth—remember that Fargo, movie and tv series, purports to be a true story—but Hawley explains it a bit more here: https://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/fargo ... 201687564/
Thanks for that I get it now. Just wasnt sure if I was missing something.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 9:46am
Re-watched this yesterday evening and this morning. So goddamned good. Captures schlocky horror perfectly.

Yeah, I rewatched it a few months ago. Just brilliantly done.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

This series is absolutely fantastic! I love horror - especially creepy, atmospheric ghost type horror - and this Netflix series is some of the best I've ever seen. Creepy as hell. Solid acting. Enough jump scares to keep your heart pounding - but not too many. It's more about what you don't see (or what you think you see).

I'm 6 episodes in - with 4 to go and I'm chomping at the bit to watch the rest. My girlfriend hates horror of any kind and my kids are too young - so I'm cramming it in whenever I can...but I really can't wait to see how it ends.

Highly recommended!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Anyone watch Schitt's Creek?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:45am
I've tried a couple times because I adore Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, but it never caught me.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:07pm
JennyB wrote:
I've tried a couple times because I adore Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, but it never caught me.
I just started watching. Not sure if I like it, but I am 10 episodes in.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:07pm
JennyB wrote:
I just started watching. Not sure if I like it, but I am 10 episodes in.
No I forgot my paddle