On Dime.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: THE CLASH - 1982-08-24 South Yarmouth - AUDM - encores only

Post by matedog »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 11:45pm
On Dime.
Sounds like a new one. What’s on the setlist?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

matedog wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 12:36am
Chuck Mangione wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 11:45pm
On Dime.
Sounds like a new one. What’s on the setlist?
THE CLASH

Tuesday, 24 August 1982

Cape Cod Coliseum
White's Path off Route 6
Yarmouth, Massachusetts 02664
USA

FLAC master, 9 November 2018:
Analog audience recording (stereo) {recorded by Martin of the Stonecutter crew}: unknown mics/recorder, possibly Panasonic RQ-335 with internal mic > US/Europe 1979-81 TDK SA-C90 analog audio cassette master {from the Stonecutter Archives} > Sony TC-WE435 (azimuth adjustment) > Roland R05 (24/96) > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 (audio cleanup, convert to 16/44) > SHNtool (fixed SBE) > CD Wave (track splits) > TLH (WAV > FLAC8).
Created this text file.

Total running time [17:41]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-- encore --
01 Straight to Hell [7:07]
02 English Civil War [3:25]
03 Garage Land [3:23]
04 road trip verité [3:44]

Band line-ups:
Joe Strummer – vocals, rhythm guitar
Mick Jones – lead guitar, vocals
Paul Simonon – bass guitar, backing vocals
Terry Chimes – drums, percussion

Notes:

Courtesy of the Stonecutter Archives is this second of a two-part limited series of the Schrödinger's tape paradox. The featured guests of this second episode are the Clash, playing here the final night of four shows at the venue, with Elvis Costello & the Attractions squeezing a gig in between the four on the 22nd.

Let's poke inside the box one last time... Arthur, Chris, Kate and you probably tried to get into the show on the 23rd and in this alternate universe ended up at tailgate parties all day long in the Coliseum parking lot. You have one more unused degaussed c-90, and the Jam at Bingley Hall part 2 tape that you already taped over on Side A with the mostly the encores from the Elvis show from the 22nd, because you grabbed whatever tape you could in a rush to do the tape flip/swap.

The crowds are all crushed up in the front, a sweltering mass on a hot August summer night indoors, so you all decide to move further back for this show than you were at the Elvis show. The recorder is getting jerked around as you're walking around causing some warbles in a few minor spots in the recording, but you just want to avoid the mob at this point, which makes the audiences at the wrestling matches here seem comparatively tame.

Anyway, you've got your recording, the show was the fuckin' balls, you hope it's all audible and not some distant hollow recording when you get home with it and pass it over to the Stonecutter crew for their dubs. Arthur's not responding to you all in the car because he's probably wiped out, the slow chug chug chugging along on Route 6 rocking him to sleep, or he's just shy around girls. Just pass your recorder over to him in the back there, so he can give status reports on the road trip every couple of minutes. We're all bored to death, moving 2 mph here in stalled traffic on the way home from the show. Roll down the windows, and ask those guys what they thought of the show. We're taping over live versions of the Jam playing "Trans-Global Express," "The Gift" and "Circus" on this tape, so make sure they speak louder and then we get some interesting reportage here on this tape. You never know, people might want to listen to this in forty plus years from now.

I HATE Journey. What about we listen to some John Cougar or Billy Joel? I'm not wasted or slurring my words, I just wanna know if you think the ADDCCDD gloobbloobloob, them, they -- are better than the Clash?

You enjoy the AC/DC much better than the Clash because....... you know the AC/DC much better than the Clash. That's your only basis, okay.

Glad we got that on tape, now we only have a cut version of "Pity Poor Alfie" left on this tape from the Jam Bingley Hall broadcast. I wish we could find the first 90 minutes of the Clash recording that we made from this show. Maybe it got left in that other timeshift continuum with Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby in the Mystery Machine.

Enjoy?
elegymart
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=634725

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Thanks CM 😎

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future