Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Post by Chuck Mangione »

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Post by white man »

Good crack that Noisey bloke

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

white man wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 7:18pm
Good crack that Noisey bloke
Looks better since his haircut
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

The same interviewer who accused the Clash of pissing their "lemon-scented panties" when they got chased out of Jamaica. This was during his nauseating interview with Lydon earlier in the series.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Heston wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 4:31am
The same interviewer who accused the Clash of pissing their "lemon-scented panties" when they got chased out of Jamaica. This was during his nauseating interview with Lydon earlier in the series.
Just caught up with that mate. Your correct of course. One of the reasons i can't bear to listen to Lydons interviews anymore. Mick and Paul were anything but how he describes them there like. Doran done himself no favours there either.
In fact, as i get older John, I can't stand listening to many of my former idols anymore. I just listen to the music now and forget that they are far from perfect.
Bono and Morrissey being prime examples.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

white man wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 11:43am
In fact, as i get older John, I can't stand listening to many of my former idols anymore. I just listen to the music now and forget that they are far from perfect.
I wonder if it's more that those musicians grow more myopic and insufferable as they enter their sunset years or is it more we aging fans growing more critical, less starstruck?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 12:17pm
white man wrote:
I wonder if it's more that those musicians grow more myopic and insufferable as they enter their sunset years or is it more we aging fans growing more critical, less starstruck?
A prick is a prick. 5 min 10...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
white man wrote:

So up his own fucking ass …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
white man wrote:
I think it's both. I know I'm far less starstruck than I used to be. I'll use Morrissey as an example. When I was 16-17 I would have been far more forgiving of his nonsense than I am at 41. I feel like it's easier to separate myself from my idols. I can still like their music, but I can also admit when they're obnoxious. I don't feel the same sense of loyalty that I did as a kid. That said, I do think they get more myopic and insufferable as they get older. Maybe we all do to some extent - but for someone like Lydon or Morrissey it's like they will do anything to stay relevant in a world where they're really no longer relevant...even if that means saying crap that is over-the-top. They think they're being provocative and interesting, but it's coming across as boorish and out of touch. They might have even been able to pull it off when they were younger and I think both of them did, but as they have gotten older (along with their fan bases) it just no longer works. Someone like Bono is interesting because he just really seems to lack self awareness. He truly seems to believe that it's still 1992 and he (and U2) are on top of the world.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
white man wrote:
Bit of both, probably
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

(The answer is almost always both—regardless of the question—but I always tell students that they have to pick one or the other as an exercise in making an argument. They think I'm daffy.)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

As a kid you hang on every word of your idols no matter how absurd it may be but as you get older you think for yourself.
Some artistes talk more shit as they get older to try and appear more relevant?
I enjoyed that interview with Paul because he comes across as he always has as just a genuine bloke with no ego to feed.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
white man wrote:

Did you see the dvd extras thing where he done the tour of London on the open topped bus. Openly insulted a well-wisher

Heston

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 3:35pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
white man wrote:

Did you see the dvd extras thing where he done the tour of London on the open topped bus. Openly insulted a well-wisher
No, but he's annoyed me enough for one day mate.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Never actually heard of that guy before, sounds a total douche. When a charge of racism is dropped I think it only appropriate for any interviewer with a modicum of self-respect to invite his guest to back it up. For Johns information the bogus charge he is calling out is cultural appropriation.