Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Post by 101Walterton »

Johnny's "I'm more working class and multicultural than you", is embarrassing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 2:28pm
I enjoyed that interview with Paul because he comes across as he always has as just a genuine bloke with no ego to feed.
There is something very satisfying that Mick, Paul, and Topper have all aged so admiringly well. Glad for what they've done, proud of the good, but not full of themselves and tut-tutting those who have followed. They behave how you'd hope them to.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 7:05pm
101Walterton wrote:
I enjoyed that interview with Paul because he comes across as he always has as just a genuine bloke with no ego to feed.
There is something very satisfying that Mick, Paul, and Topper have all aged so admiringly well. Glad for what they've done, proud of the good, but not full of themselves and tut-tutting those who have followed. They behave how you'd hope them to.
Yes agreed all three of them appear to be well grounded. I like what Paul said about a small income from the Clash allows him to do what he wants. Modest and honest.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yes agreed all three of them appear to be well grounded. I like what Paul said about a small income from the Clash allows him to do what he wants. Modest and honest.
I gotta get me some modest income from something.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 8:18pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Are you young enough to be a rent boy?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 8:27pm
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I think Tinder/ Grinder made them all redundant.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Neither young nor fit enough.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 8:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Neither young nor fit enough.
Well, I guess it's just scratch tickets pyramid schemes for you.

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

Shame Damon (or whoever) has glommed onto Michael Redgrave
in Dead of Night...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 3:34am
white man wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 7:18pm
Good crack that Noisey bloke
Looks better since his haircut
Short hair long hair he's still a wanker.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I absolutely agree in general with the above about the surviving Clash members behaving how we'd hope them too. One caveat though about our friend Paul though is that his domestic partner is extremely rich from the money she made forming Agent Provocateur with her ex Joe Corre. Of course, Lydon's missus was an heiress.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 9:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I absolutely agree in general with the above about the surviving Clash members behaving how we'd hope them too. One caveat though about our friend Paul though is that his domestic partner is extremely rich from the money she made forming Agent Provocateur with her ex Joe Corre. Of course, Lydon's missus was an heiress.
Interesting that she was once married to Joe Corre - which would have made her the daughter-in-law of Malcolm and Vivienne.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 6:40pm
It's really sad isn't it. It should never be about where you from but where you are at that counts. John knows this really so why he doesn't take the stick out of his backside regards the Clash is beyond me. It's boring and tedious and so very long ago, get over it maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 9:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
A domestic partner can walk out anytime leaving the other with nothing but their own income. No kids involved so no commitment. I'm sure Paul is more than well aware of this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 7:11am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 6:40pm
It's really sad isn't it. It should never be about where you from but where you are at that counts. John knows this really so why he doesn't take the stick out of his backside regards the Clash is beyond me. It's boring and tedious and so very long ago, get over it maaaaaaaaaaaan.
Plus Lydon did quite well investing in California real estate. Very working class. Good for him for making it, materially and artistically, but spare us the "I'm true working class" crap.