Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Paul Simonon British Masters noisey video interview for TGTBTATQ

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 9:18am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 7:11am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 6:40pm
Johnny's "I'm more working class and multicultural than you", is embarrassing.
It's really sad isn't it. It should never be about where you from but where you are at that counts. John knows this really so why he doesn't take the stick out of his backside regards the Clash is beyond me. It's boring and tedious and so very long ago, get over it maaaaaaaaaaaan.
Plus Lydon did quite well investing in California real estate. Very working class. Good for him for making it, materially and artistically, but spare us the "I'm true working class" crap.
If he says he's working class then I've no problem with that at all. Working class to me is a state of mind not a state of wealth. However he should stop all the pathetic sour grapes bullshit when it comes to others from his era. He did very well out of punk rock (however you term it) as there are many from that era still playing tiny clubs to make ends meet and feed their families etc. John was a fantastic voice for a few years back then but he invented nothing musically so he needs to give others their due. McLaren did a shitty number on John but that was years ago and as he's proud to tell anyone who will listen it's a battle he won. All this bitterness is a waste of energy now.

That interview posted further up in the thread shows how far he's fallen to me. Not because of what he said about the Clash and the working class but because back in the day he would've seen through that in a nano second and realise he was being set up by the loaded questions.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 9:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
It's really sad isn't it. It should never be about where you from but where you are at that counts. John knows this really so why he doesn't take the stick out of his backside regards the Clash is beyond me. It's boring and tedious and so very long ago, get over it maaaaaaaaaaaan.
Plus Lydon did quite well investing in California real estate. Very working class. Good for him for making it, materially and artistically, but spare us the "I'm true working class" crap.
If he says he's working class then I've no problem with that at all. Working class to me is a state of mind not a state of wealth. However he should stop all the pathetic sour grapes bullshit when it comes to others from his era. He did very well out of punk rock (however you term it) as there are many from that era still playing tiny clubs to make ends meet and feed their families etc. John was a fantastic voice for a few years back then but he invented nothing musically so he needs to give others their due. McLaren did a shitty number on John but that was years ago and as he's proud to tell anyone who will listen it's a battle he won. All this bitterness is a waste of energy now.

That interview posted further up in the thread shows how far he's fallen to me. Not because of what he said about the Clash and the working class but because back in the day he would've seen through that in a nano second and realise he was being set up by the loaded questions.
I agree, at least to a point, that working class is also a state of mind, not just a reflection of status, occupation, and/or wealth, but I question whether he's even got claim as a state of mind. He comes off as a phony rich conservative who puts on a pair of jeans and gets down with the people to complain about the elites. Seeing no common cause with those who are plugging away after all these years out of love and necessity comes off as upper-class snobbery and contempt for the little people and their struggles.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 10:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I agree, at least to a point, that working class is also a state of mind, not just a reflection of status, occupation, and/or wealth, but I question whether he's even got claim as a state of mind. He comes off as a phony rich conservative who puts on a pair of jeans and gets down with the people to complain about the elites. Seeing no common cause with those who are plugging away after all these years out of love and necessity comes off as upper-class snobbery and contempt for the little people and their struggles.
Seems to me that he feels he won the war and that's hid part done. Sadly John old boy the struggle continues for the rest of us.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

God save the queen
The fascist regime
'cause Tories are money...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 11:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

God save the queen
The fascist regime
Can't wait for Liz to shed her tentacles and return to the abyss just so John can say that she was alright and so is the monarchy. :disshame:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 11:55am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

God save the queen
The fascist regime
Can't wait for Liz to shed her tentacles and return to the abyss just so John can say that she was alright and so is the monarchy. :disshame:
Oh he's already said that many moons ago. According to his righteousness that song was never about the evil of the royals and the empire etc but about how he felt sorry for the Queen as being nothing more that a cardboard cut-out. Hence the she ain't no human being line. It's a cop out of historic proportions.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

God save the queen
The fascist regime
Oh he's already said that many moons ago. According to his righteousness that song was never about the evil of the royals and the empire etc but about how he felt sorry for the Queen as being nothing more that a cardboard cut-out. Hence the she ain't no human being line. It's a cop out of historic proportions.
Oh the irony of ironies of being assaulted by the young thugs in '77 who loved the queen! "Wait, wait, I'm with you, fellas!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

God save the queen
The fascist regime
Oh the irony of ironies of being assaulted by the young thugs in '77 who loved the queen! "Wait, wait, I'm with you, fellas!"
Exactly! but hey it's great story to tell to the grand kids.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia