Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:28am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 1:18am
101Walterton wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 11:09pm
Football thread not getting much love but not too much to cheer about lately.
Tragic events in Leicester yesterday. By all accounts a great guy. I was in Bangkok airport last year and was very confused by the Fox’s shops in the airport.
And to think the Glaziers were allegedly talking to the guy who ordered the hit on the Washington Post journalist???
Sad times/strange times.
From listening to the tributes he was an amazing man and did a great deal for the community as well as the football club. A tragic loss. I just hope the other four people who also died don’t get forgotten. It sounds like the pilot’s heroic actions potentially saved many lives. RIP all five.
I'll echo these sentiments that the other 4 matter equally.

My only negative comment will be was it necessary to land the helicopter on the pitch? Surely in the need for safety they could've not taken that risk close to the people in the first place. I've not been to Leicester's ground but I assume it's close to the city.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 9:45am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Tragic events in Leicester yesterday. By all accounts a great guy. I was in Bangkok airport last year and was very confused by the Fox’s shops in the airport.
And to think the Glaziers were allegedly talking to the guy who ordered the hit on the Washington Post journalist???
Sad times/strange times.
From listening to the tributes he was an amazing man and did a great deal for the community as well as the football club. A tragic loss. I just hope the other four people who also died don’t get forgotten. It sounds like the pilot’s heroic actions potentially saved many lives. RIP all five.

My only negative comment will be was it necessary to land the helicopter on the pitch? Surely in the need for safety they could've not taken that risk close to the people in the first place. I've not been to Leicester's ground but I assume it's close to the city.
If King Power Stadium is at the same location as the old Filbert Street ground I’ve been there (it’s was a hole). Yes in the city so presume he got picked up from ground by helicopter due to traffic congestion in and around city.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 2:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Sad times/strange times.

If King Power Stadium is at the same location as the old Filbert Street ground I’ve been there (it’s was a hole). Yes in the city so presume he got picked up from ground by helicopter due to traffic congestion in and around city.
I'm just a bit surprised as it's such a built up area. I'm sure it wasn't necessary to arrive / depart by helicopter.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:26pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sad times/strange times.

I'm just a bit surprised as it's such a built up area. I'm sure it wasn't necessary to arrive / depart by helicopter.
It was a terrible situation, I feel for all those affected by it, life can be both ironic and cruel at times, from the news reports of old footage of the owner of the club he did look like a respected individual, you have to give thanks that it wasn't worse than it was, being in a built up area an all, my sympathies to all affected.
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:26pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

It was a terrible situation, I feel for all those affected by it, life can be both ironic and cruel at times, from the news reports of old footage of the owner of the club he did look like a respected individual, you have to give thanks that it wasn't worse than it was, being in a built up area an all, my sympathies to all affected.
Yep what he said.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Good to see Jose unleashing his inner Paul Simonon last night when United scored!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 8:19am
Good to see Jose unleashing his inner Paul Simonon last night when United scored!
Yeah I agree. The press will make much out of it as always. However I really like the passion especially as it was obvious to all that his frustration was becoming overbearing. Not a great performance again by United but it was all about the result. David de Gea is Spider-Man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Best result of the season Marky? Good riddance.
Probably should sack the person who extended his contract earlier this year too!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 2:35pm
Best result of the season Marky? Good riddance.
Probably should sack the person who extended his contract earlier this year too!
When Pogba and the next to useless Lukaku follow him out of the door I will be happy. Ed Woodward can jump in the next bus out of town also.

Give the job to Giggs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

So Solskjær and Phelan 'til the end of the season. Let's see how this pans out. It could be worse I guess. I reckon they'll grab Pochettino next season.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 12:24pm
So Solskjær and Phelan 'til the end of the season. Let's see how this pans out. It could be worse I guess. I reckon they'll grab Pochettino next season.
Phelan seems like a good idea. Maybe they should just have put Fergie back in charge for a while!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 12:58pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Phelan seems like a good idea. Maybe they should just have put Fergie back in charge for a while!
I am happy with Ole but why bring back Phelan? I know he worked under Ferguson and knows the club culture but so does Carrick and from what I have read anything good that has happened this season was down to him!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 2:23pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I am happy with Ole but why bring back Phelan? I know he worked under Ferguson and knows the club culture but so does Carrick and from what I have read anything good that has happened this season was down to him!!
I tend to agree however Phelan will get them into shape. Also the team would've been used to having Carrick by Jose's side. So this should feel like a completely different approach for the time being at least. I'm sure Carrick has not been simply overlooked.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Fergie health is the problem here otherwise I'm sure that would've been considered.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 3:21pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Fergie health is the problem here otherwise I'm sure that would've been considered.
I meant Sarah Ferguson ;)