Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Pets.

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:47am
JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:25am
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 4:09pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 3:38pm

Ha, ha...I agree - great visual!
When the opportunity arises, I'll get a photo of dum-dum looking like dum-dum.
I've made up voices for all 4 of our cats. My kids think it is hilarious.
I assume that, like me, you also have several songs for your pets. I will be very disappointed if you don't.
I do, but they tend to be instrumental themes...like something you'd head in an old Disney film!
That's cool. Mine are to the tune of 80's new wave songs for the most part.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I have songs for my cats and many nicknames for my cats, but I never came up with voices for them.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

My (imaginary) doggie only wants to eat

Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We've discovered our cats are mesmerized by online videos of birds and squirrels. Mes-mer-ized. Close to the screen, staring, occasionally pawing at the birds.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 9:34am
We've discovered our cats are mesmerized by online videos of birds and squirrels. Mes-mer-ized. Close to the screen, staring, occasionally pawing at the birds.
Same.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back when I still had a tube TV, mine was addicted to NHL hockey. Something about the fast-moving objects against a white background drove her absolutely batshit. I had to wash off the pawprints every couple weeks.

After I got an HD flatscreen, she wasn't even remotely interested anymore. So it was something about the old analog tube that was the missing ingredient. Either that, or Chris Chelios retiring. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 4:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back when I still had a tube TV, mine was addicted to NHL hockey. Something about the fast-moving objects against a white background drove her absolutely batshit. I had to wash off the pawprints every couple weeks.

After I got an HD flatscreen, she wasn't even remotely interested anymore. So it was something about the old analog tube that was the missing ingredient. Either that, or Chris Chelios retiring. :shifty:
It was a coincidence. She just finally gave up on the Leafs, like all sane hockey fans.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Neil,
I was checked out for a month. What’s up with the kitty you found?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 6:34pm
Neil,
Luke is two testicles lighter and now a part of the family. All the cats walk around the house now without being constantly on guard. The girls haven't truly accepted him, tho. A big part of the problem is he's still basically a kitten, so he's into aggressive and hyper play. He chases them, tries to jump on them, and the like. They're almost eight and well past those shenanigans, more likely to run than fight, which triggers his chase instincts. They also have a keen sense of personal space, whereas he's super laissez faire, so he'll go wherever he wants, sleep where he wants, including their spots. They have no idea how to deal with someone utterly ignorant of the rules, so they either stomp off or hold their ground, but never shoo him away. But feeding time is no problem—everyone sticks to their own bowl—and I've read that's one of the biggest hurdles. So my guess/hope is that once he's a bit older, less of a kitten, he'll be less in their face and their hissing and growling will abate. We love the little moron, even tho he's always up on the counters and under foot, and we've had to have a spray bottle handy to combat any bad behaviours. He's adorable, with a completely dumb-looking face, still quick to purr, and loves to sleep on the couch with whichever human is nearby. A complete fluke that he dropped into our lives, but we're thankful for it.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 7:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Neil,
Luke is two testicles lighter and now a part of the family. All the cats walk around the house now without being constantly on guard. The girls haven't truly accepted him, tho. A big part of the problem is he's still basically a kitten, so he's into aggressive and hyper play. He chases them, tries to jump on them, and the like. They're almost eight and well past those shenanigans, more likely to run than fight, which triggers his chase instincts. They also have a keen sense of personal space, whereas he's super laissez faire, so he'll go wherever he wants, sleep where he wants, including their spots. They have no idea how to deal with someone utterly ignorant of the rules, so they either stomp off or hold their ground, but never shoo him away. But feeding time is no problem—everyone sticks to their own bowl—and I've read that's one of the biggest hurdles. So my guess/hope is that once he's a bit older, less of a kitten, he'll be less in their face and their hissing and growling will abate. We love the little moron, even tho he's always up on the counters and under foot, and we've had to have a spray bottle handy to combat any bad behaviours. He's adorable, with a completely dumb-looking face, still quick to purr, and loves to sleep on the couch with whichever human is nearby. A complete fluke that he dropped into our lives, but we're thankful for it.
Sounds like it was meant to be.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 8:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 7:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Neil,
Sounds like it was meant to be.
I absolutely adore the girls, but having a young one around is a renewed thrill. The little weirdo, like all young 'uns, is full on or full off, and totally fearless—he never hesitated to claim us all as his own.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Neil, I believe we are due a kitty update.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 12:49pm
Nothing much new to update. There are still little dust-ups every day because he's still got a kitten's mind and likes to chase and jump the girls, who definitely don't like it. They screetch and scratch and run, he keeps at it. Nothing malicious with him, just kitten play. We have a spray bottle handy to break things up. When he gets sprayed, he acts like a guy getting mowed down in an old gangster movie. We're all waiting for him to mature a bit and stop feeling the need to chase the other cats.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 1:43pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 12:49pm
Nothing much new to update. There are still little dust-ups every day because he's still got a kitten's mind and likes to chase and jump the girls, who definitely don't like it. They screetch and scratch and run, he keeps at it. Nothing malicious with him, just kitten play. We have a spray bottle handy to break things up. When he gets sprayed, he acts like a guy getting mowed down in an old gangster movie. We're all waiting for him to mature a bit and stop feeling the need to chase the other cats.
I wish you would film this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy