No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 1:06pm
101Walterton wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 8:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 8:15pm
Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 7:59pm
God is the ultimate middle manager, and acts like it. We need to take this over his head.
I'd be happy to shoot over the bar if only I knew where the bar was.
Round here? pretty low
Can you limbo?
The law, at the very least
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
God is the ultimate middle manager, and acts like it. We need to take this over his head.
Round here? pretty low
Can you limbo?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 12:51am
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Round here? pretty low
Can you limbo?
No room in the county hole for 101.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Very well put John Barnes.

No coincidence he was asked to do the rap for World In Motion either.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 10:46pm

Yeah I watched that live. He put it very well but it's what the majority think anyway. A point that I feel is relevant that no one seems to mention is there are way more foreign players and way more "people of colour" (not keen on this phrase) in football these days. So it comes as no surprise that we still get racism at football matches. I'm in no way suggesting this makes it OK but it's just a fact.

The first black player I ever saw was Clyde Best playing for West Ham back in the early 70s and even as a young boy I was stunned at the abuse he would get. The authorities can ban idiots from matches etc with lifelong bans but it achieves very little in my opinion. As someone who would go to football matches in the late 70s and most of the 80s I've witnessed my fair share of stupidity and to my eternal shame be caught up in some real nasty violence. The culprit to a lot of these offences is stupidity and drink which I have seen bring out the worst in people many times. It's no surprise that they are either totally ashamed of their behaviour the following day or they can't even remember doing it. Many racists like to hide in plain sight and keep their mouth shut but after a couple of beers all the crap flows out showing their true colours.

Raheem and John's comments about the media fuelling racial hatred is very true and they (the media) use it for everything in our society. It's become endemic and I despise it.

I've heard this many times when I worked in the security industry. A man steals something from a shop now I guarantee 75-80% will describe the thief just as a male or a man if he is white. But if he is black he will be descibed as a "black" man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 10:02am
101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 10:46pm

Yeah I watched that live. He put it very well but it's what the majority think anyway. A point that I feel is relevant that no one seems to mention is there are way more foreign players and way more "people of colour" (not keen on this phrase) in football these days. So it comes as no surprise that we still get racism at football matches. I'm in no way suggesting this makes it OK but it's just a fact.

The first black player I ever saw was Clyde Best playing for West Ham back in the early 70s and even as a young boy I was stunned at the abuse he would get. The authorities can ban idiots from matches etc with lifelong bans but it achieves very little in my opinion. As someone who would go to football matches in the late 70s and most of the 80s I've witnessed my fair share of stupidity and to my eternal shame be caught up in some real nasty violence. The culprit to a lot of these offences is stupidity and drink which I have seen bring out the worst in people many times. It's no surprise that they are either totally ashamed of their behaviour the following day or they can't even remember doing it. Many racists like to hide in plain sight and keep their mouth shut but after a couple of beers all the crap flows out showing their true colours.

Raheem and John's comments about the media fuelling racial hatred is very true and they (the media) use it for everything in our society. It's become endemic and I despise it.

I've heard this many times when I worked in the security industry. A man steals something from a shop now I guarantee 75-80% will describe the thief just as a male or a man if he is white. But if he is black he will be descibed as a "black" man.
That is true. Whenever a crime is reported on here the offender is described as Maori, Pacific Islander, Muslim etc. but never Pakeha or white male / female.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

"blatant negro shenanigans" obviously the worst kind of shenanigans. Unbelievable what a disgrace.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Man even if I worked at a bank and had any sort of inkling that the check was off for some reason I wouldn't have given a shit. It's not my job to speculate. Enjoy your money, sir.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 7:14pm
Man even if I worked at a bank and had any sort of inkling that the check was off for some reason I wouldn't have given a shit. It's not my job to speculate. Enjoy your money, sir.
I got a serious glare from my manager at a staff meeting about shoplifting when I worked retail. I said that as long as someone wasn't obvious about it, I didn't really care. If you can pull it off, good job, buddy. Pay me more than minimum wage if you want me to give a fuck, corporate swine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 7:36pm
Kory wrote:
I got a serious glare from my manager at a staff meeting about shoplifting when I worked retail. I said that as long as someone wasn't obvious about it, I didn't really care. If you can pull it off, good job, buddy. Pay me more than minimum wage if you want me to give a fuck, corporate swine.
For real—I'm certainly not going to risk my neck confronting some shoplifter for $8/hr.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
For real—I'm certainly not going to risk my neck confronting some shoplifter for $8/hr.
Seriously. I worked out there out of borderline desperation, not some kind of higher calling.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 8:21pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Seriously. I worked out there out of borderline desperation, not some kind of higher calling.
I encourage most stealing that doesn’t hurt anyone.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 2:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I encourage most stealing that doesn’t hurt anyone.
I just st stole a round of drinks because they made me wait too long for my table and I had made a reservation. Still got the bar tab in my pocket :angry:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
It's funny that they pay you these stupid amounts and expect you to be a team player who cares about the company on a personal level. And be grateful for it!