CSi The News unofficial remix

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

CSi The News unofficial remix

Post by dave202 »

I've been searching these threads for a posting where someone posted their own unofficial remix of The News, but can't find it. I had it on a hard disk that crashed years ago, so can't recover it, and can't remember the name of the person who posted it. I feel it was the same person who posted podcasts of his Lee Perry-influenced shows and might be Canadian. Any ideas?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: CSi The News unofficial remix

Post by laxman »

There was an official remix download with pre-orders of the single. Might it be that?

http://www.carbonsilicon.com/discography-thenews/

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

laxman wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 3:18pm
There was an official remix download with pre-orders of the single. Might it be that?

http://www.carbonsilicon.com/discography-thenews/
Thanks, I didn't know about The Late News. It's not that version I was thinking of, but that's something else for me to look for.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

There was a poster over on the old CSI Forum called ATH who did quite a few remixes of lots of CSI songs i wonder if you might be refering to those remixes.
I will have a look on my old harddrive later and if one of them is the news i could post that

Modernman
Dirty Punk

Post by Modernman »

It seems like it's time the first 4 EPs are made available as well. I have pieced together some, but the bitrate is low and varied. Teddy B, can you help us out?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 2:16pm
There was a poster over on the old CSI Forum called ATH who did quite a few remixes of lots of CSI songs i wonder if you might be refering to those remixes.
I will have a look on my old harddrive later and if one of them is the news i could post that
Doontown remixes? I don’t think he remixed the News, but happy to be proved incorrect!

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 10:28am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Doontown remixes? I don’t think he remixed the News, but happy to be proved incorrect!
Now you got me thinking i had a look and i have a folder called from Ath but i dont know if there was a proper remix of the news or if it is just the original version.Trouble is he did so many i lost which ones were which. I attached what was in the folder.
Attachments
Ath Remixes.jpg

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Actually while we are on the subject of remixes.
There is something about those early versions that i prefer above the Last Post versions. Although the Last Post mixes were perfectly done and sound great i just think the earlier songs are much more enjoyable to listen too. The samples and the live sound that comes accross i think make all the difference.
I still like the last Post but the early versions seem to breathe and feel more alive as apposed to the Last Post ones were they felt too tight and too perfect. The organic drive of the early mixes out perform the digital perfection of the Last Post for me

What does anyone else think ?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 7:20am
laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Now you got me thinking i had a look and i have a folder called from Ath but i dont know if there was a proper remix of the news or if it is just the original version.Trouble is he did so many i lost which ones were which. I attached what was in the folder.
Not sure, and I definitely lost track too! The Late News download seems to be 6 mins 6 secs and 192 kbps, if that helps?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 8:49am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Not sure, and I definitely lost track too! The Late News download seems to be 6 mins 6 secs and 192 kbps, if that helps?
Yes the Late news matches what you say. so i am going to go by your first instinct and think there is nothing different here.

I thought i had the late news as a b-side to something ? what was that to, the News Single its self i have forgotton ? I have looked on line to find out but it doesnt mention it.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 9:10am
laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Yes the Late news matches what you say. so i am going to go by your first instinct and think there is nothing different here.

I thought i had the late news as a b-side to something ? what was that to, the News Single its self i have forgotton ? I have looked on line to find out but it doesnt mention it.
I think it was just available as a download with pre-orders of the single.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 9:13am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 9:10am
laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
laxman wrote:

I think it was just available as a download with pre-orders of the single.
Ok thanks that must have been where i got it from :)

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 8:12am
There is something about those early versions that i prefer above the Last Post versions. Although the Last Post mixes were perfectly done and sound great i just think the earlier songs are much more enjoyable to listen too. The samples and the live sound that comes accross i think make all the difference.
I still like the last Post but the early versions seem to breathe and feel more alive as apposed to the Last Post ones were they felt too tight and too perfect. The organic drive of the early mixes out perform the digital perfection of the Last Post for me

I totally agree. Those versions of Magic Suitcase and Soylent Green from the Andy Kershaw radio session were also much better than their properly recorded versions.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:01pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:

I totally agree. Those versions of Magic Suitcase and Soylent Green from the Andy Kershaw radio session were also much better than their properly recorded versions.
I will have to dig that out now and have another listen - just as a reminder was theat the Gangs Of England recordings ?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 1:39pm
Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:01pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:

I will have to dig that out now and have another listen - just as a reminder was theat the Gangs Of England recordings ?
Oh yeah, I meant Gangs of England rather than Magic Suitcase. Though there was a better earlier recording of the latter.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board