Rebuilding my Clash library – best Sandinista! tour shows?

Online music exchange.
JohnSimonBeverly
Dirty Punk

Rebuilding my Clash library – best Sandinista! tour shows?

Post by JohnSimonBeverly »

Hi all,

Sadly, I recently lost most of my (obsessively extensive) music library, inclduing most of my digital Clash collection, and am now rebuilding it.

As one of my favorite periods was the time around Sandinista! and the related tours, I'd be very grateful for any tips on recommendations on which shows to download (I remember liking the Amsterdam show and several of the Bond's shows the most – but which gigs? What recordings? Best sources?)

All help very much appreciated!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Rebuilding my Clash library – best Sandinista! tour shows?

Post by matedog »

JohnSimonBeverly wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 11:47pm
Hi all,

Sadly, I recently lost most of my (obsessively extensive) music library, inclduing most of my digital Clash collection, and am now rebuilding it.

As one of my favorite periods was the time around Sandinista! and the related tours, I'd be very grateful for any tips on recommendations on which shows to download (I remember liking the Amsterdam show and several of the Bond's shows the most – but which gigs? What recordings? Best sources?)

All help very much appreciated!
The sixteen track soundboard from 1981-05-10 Amsterdam and the great sounding audience tape and absolutely exemplary performance 1981-05-21 Milano shows are the first two to get. The 1981-05-16 show is another great one from this era.

From the Bonds run the last show on June 13th is the favorite for me.

Never got too into the fall shows so I’ll defer to others.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JohnSimonBeverly
Dirty Punk

Re: Rebuilding my Clash library – best Sandinista! tour shows?

Post by JohnSimonBeverly »

matedog wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 1:28am

The sixteen track soundboard from 1981-05-10 Amsterdam and the great sounding audience tape and absolutely exemplary performance 1981-05-21 Milano shows are the first two to get. The 1981-05-16 show is another great one from this era.

From the Bonds run the last show on June 13th is the favorite for me.

Never got too into the fall shows so I’ll defer to others.
Thank you, I'll start with these!