movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: movies

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 4:17am
Alexander Hamilton looks terrible in it.
Wendy thought Hamilton gave the best performance, I thought he was the worst thing in the movie. So, mixed reviews I guess.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 8:40am
I was dragged to Mary Poppins Returns. Two hours and ten minutes of oh my god shut the fuck up already.
I really liked it.

The best movie I saw over the holidays was, by far, Spider man: into the Spiderverse. I'm not much of a comics person, but this movie was so damn well done, from the animation, to the storyline, to the music and to the fact that it had great representation of people of color. Please go see it!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 12:07pm
Mimi wrote:
I was dragged to Mary Poppins Returns. Two hours and ten minutes of oh my god shut the fuck up already.
I really liked it.

The best movie I saw over the holidays was, by far, Spider man: into the Spiderverse. I'm not much of a comics person, but this movie was so damn well done, from the animation, to the storyline, to the music and to the fact that it had great representation of people of color. Please go see it!
Thanks for the review Jenny. My son wants to see this and I haven't been that open to the idea. I'll try to remedy that this weekend especially since he is getting to the point where he probably won't want to go to movies with his parents.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Saw 2 movies yesterday. Holmes & Watson is not good. A few funny gags, but overall a complete mess. The new Wreck-It Ralph movie, however - is a really great movie!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 12:07pm
Mimi wrote:
I really liked it.

Thanks for the review Jenny. My son wants to see this and I haven't been that open to the idea. I'll try to remedy that this weekend especially since he is getting to the point where he probably won't want to go to movies with his parents.
It's excellent. Let me know what you think!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 7:45am
New Years Eve, we watched Foxfire, a fairly faithful adaptation of Joyce Carol Oates novel of a girl gang in upstate New York in the 1950s. They begin as a form of protection and revenge on predatory men, but become more ambitious, and then, like all radical movements, problems and internal conflict set in. This was a Canadian production—the novel was adapted in the 90s with Angelina Jolie, but I haven't seen it and understand it plays fast and loose with the material—and almost all the cast were local first-timers. The actor who plays Legs, the leader of the gang, is especially mesmerizing as a deeply intelligent, androgynous, and angry young woman, both too sensitive and insensitive about what she's started. The movie runs a bit long and isn't subtle, but I liked it a great deal, paralleling in miniature how various political and social movements of the 60s rose and collapsed.
how old is it?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 7:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 7:45am
New Years Eve, we watched Foxfire, a fairly faithful adaptation of Joyce Carol Oates novel of a girl gang in upstate New York in the 1950s. They begin as a form of protection and revenge on predatory men, but become more ambitious, and then, like all radical movements, problems and internal conflict set in. This was a Canadian production—the novel was adapted in the 90s with Angelina Jolie, but I haven't seen it and understand it plays fast and loose with the material—and almost all the cast were local first-timers. The actor who plays Legs, the leader of the gang, is especially mesmerizing as a deeply intelligent, androgynous, and angry young woman, both too sensitive and insensitive about what she's started. The movie runs a bit long and isn't subtle, but I liked it a great deal, paralleling in miniature how various political and social movements of the 60s rose and collapsed.
how old is it?
Six or seven years, I think.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I watched Dog Day Afternoon again it is brilliant!!!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 5:28pm
I watched Dog Day Afternoon again it is brilliant!!!
I saw that again within the last year or so, good movie for sure.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Al Pacino generally bugs me—don't ask me why—but that flick is seriously mesmerizing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I saw the Laurel & Hardy movie today. Really enjoyed it. They both look and sound just like them and are great but, if anything, their wives are the stars. Some really good scenes with them two.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Lizze with Chloe Sevigny and Kristen "I always looked constipated" Stewart. Awfully done movie but an interesting take on the Lizzie Borden's motivation for the murders.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 7:16pm
Lizze with Chloe Sevigny and Kristen "I always looked constipated" Stewart. Awfully done movie but an interesting take on the Lizzie Borden's motivation for the murders.
You'll feel bad if it turns out she hasn't pooped in 15 years.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

She was a great Joan Jett.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 7:16pm
I also don't like her but I thought she was pretty good in Cafe Society.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc