So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by gkbill »

Flex wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 2:30pm
gkbill wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 2:22pm
Hello,

Gang of Four at the Globe 2/11.
Yeah, I saw that (Supersuckers coming in a day or two as well, but I have to miss that one). Anyone seen the current iteration of Go4? The new studio material has been pretty uninspiring, but I've never seen the band so I'm still intrigued...
Hello,

If they were coming anywhere near me, I'd go. They're on my "I want to see them before they (or I) die" list. I could have seen the Pistols open in Atlanta - didn't go - and never saw Bowie. Give them an opportunity to be great (or suck - the burden fails on them).

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

I went to see local band Spare Snare last night. Some 12" singles over the years, a handful of cassettes and some Peel sessions over a quarter of a century was to be their only legacy it seemed until last year when by some quirk of fortune they won the right to record with Butch Vig for a day's session. He enjoyed it so much he prolonged the session, and their album is now out. Last night was the first Dundee gig in a year or so, and a crowd of sorts were there - not too many, but many faces I recognised from over the years. For a first gig of 2019 I couldn't have chosen anything better.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I saw Buddy Guy last night at Legends (his nightclub). Unbelievable. The man is 82 years old and played a 2+ hour set. He took laps in and around the crowd. Packed house, great night. I'm sorry to post this post-event but - man, that was good!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

VH, Jr. wants to see the Half-Who. I saw them on a stadium tour in 1989 and it was fine - very focused on 70s stuff, which wasn't my bag. Should we take him?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 11:08am
VH, Jr. wants to see the Half-Who. I saw them on a stadium tour in 1989 and it was fine - very focused on 70s stuff, which wasn't my bag. Should we take him?
I'm in a distinct minority here, but I'm not interested in seeing well-past-their-prime bands. Yet, if the boy really wants to see them and you can justify the price, why not?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 11:40am
JennyB wrote:
I'm in a distinct minority here, but I'm not interested in seeing well-past-their-prime bands. Yet, if the boy really wants to see them and you can justify the price, why not?
I just hate being bored at concerts. And I want him to be excited, so I will have to act excited. And it's hard to be excited about the half-Who. But lawn seats are pretty cheap, so I will think about it. I envision this:

JB: "They have a famous lyric about how they hope to die before they get old."
VHJ: "Half of them lied."
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 11:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I just hate being bored at concerts. And I want him to be excited, so I will have to act excited. And it's hard to be excited about the half-Who. But lawn seats are pretty cheap, so I will think about it. I envision this:

:lol: On that day, he will be ready for an IMCT junior membership. I want to train him to succeed me in the KISS thread.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think I read this iteration of the tour will have them backed by a symphony, which could be interesting. And new material which...well, who knows.

I've seen them a couple of times in the last 5 years, and the first time was a fine enough greatest hits nostalgia show, but the second time was... note for note and word for word the exact same show.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 12:58pm
I think I read this iteration of the tour will have them backed by a symphony, which could be interesting. And new material which...well, who knows.

I've seen them a couple of times in the last 5 years, and the first time was a fine enough greatest hits nostalgia show, but the second time was... note for note and word for word the exact same show.
Less than £60.00 a ticket and within an hour's journey on public transport, I'll see them again. Top 5 rock band for me. The above would also be true of the Stones, but would never be the case for the Stones.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 12:45pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

:lol: On that day, he will be ready for an IMCT junior membership. I want to train him to succeed me in the KISS thread.
:lol: I think we will take him. It will be one of the few concerts we could all go to together. I love, love LOVE early Who. Can't stand much else. But I think part of that is because of CSI saturation, which I know is mainly my fault.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
I love, love LOVE early Who. Can't stand much else. But I think part of that is because of CSI saturation, which I know is mainly my fault.
I've said before that despite some cool songs that came after, I like a timeline where the band was wiped out in an explosion before recording Tommy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 3:09pm
JennyB wrote:
I love, love LOVE early Who. Can't stand much else. But I think part of that is because of CSI saturation, which I know is mainly my fault.
I've said before that despite some cool songs that came after, I like a timeline where the band was wiped out in an explosion before recording Tommy.
I do the same thing with U2 post War.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 4:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I take more of a Bono post-birth stance there.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 1:04pm
Flex wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 12:58pm

Less than £60.00 a ticket and within an hour's journey on public transport, I'll see them again. Top 5 rock band for me. The above would also be true of the Stones, but would never be the case for the Stones.
Would prefer to see Pete solo to be honest.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 4:56pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 4:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I take more of a Bono post-birth stance there.
Heeee.
Got a Rake? Sure!