A must for anyone interested in the BAD II era

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: A must for anyone interested in the BAD II era

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

They added more songs from F-Punk as 1995 went on. The setlist in Vegas had a lot to do with Ranking Roger having just joined, which is also why Beatbox was likely re-added.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

This is perhaps not the group at the peak of their powers, but I never saw them after André joined, and this aspect definitely seems like an improvement.

The interview is very interesting and he comes across and honest and humble.
Last edited by MarkyJacobs on 19 Jan 2019, 6:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 5:25am
This is perhaps not the group at the peak of their powers, but I never saw them after André joined, and this aspect definitely seems like an improvement.

The interview is very interesting and he comes across and very honest and humble.
He does seem a nice affable bloke on the BAD facebook page. Always happy to help with any questions about the later albums.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Did any other songs from the original BAD group re-surface in the 92 - 95 era?

Aside from the obvious ones, I am familiar with BAD 2 performing: Hollywood Boulevard; Contact,; Baby, Don't Apologise; All Saints Road; Other 99.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

It can be a little slow on here. Mind you, we are talking about 25 years ago!

What were the live favourites from Higher Power?

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Seems like yesterday to me, waiting for the next BAD to drop and going to see them, they played in NYC quite a bit back then

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

I saw them at the Stone Pony in ‘94 (I think) & also the Academy in NY with Ranking Roger in ‘95 & they were solid both times. Some of the songs were punched up a bit with a more rock sound and the stuff between songs was some great deep house/techno stuff that I was into at the time so the vibe was right. I didn’t care much for higher power & f-punk outside of a handful of tracks but I do remember the f-punk material like “Singapore” sounding much better live than on the limp album.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

There is a Mark Radcliffe BBC live session from 1994 with four songs from Higher Power on it. I don't think there are any good soundboard tapes from 1994 floating about -- there is an audience tape of a full gig from the good old Empire -- but there are a couple of soundboards from 1995 aside from Las Vegas and the N.Y. Academy. Austin, Texas I think. I'll have a look around.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Has anyone still got that recording of Mick doing V13 and Other 99 solo at the NY Palladium?

Did BAD 2 ever do V13 ?

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

According to Setlist.fm, the majestic Sightsee MC made an appearance in 1995.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 2:23am
There is a Mark Radcliffe BBC live session from 1994 with four songs from Higher Power on it. I don't think there are any good soundboard tapes from 1994 floating about -- there is an audience tape of a full gig from the good old Empire -- but there are a couple of soundboards from 1995 aside from Las Vegas and the N.Y. Academy. Austin, Texas I think. I'll have a look around.
Oooooh now that is great news! I didn't think there was anything left in the old well. would love to hear that Academy show since I was there but have some difficulty remembering it. It would be great to hear something other than Las Vegas, which, IMO, is not the best performance

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

MarkyJacobs wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 6:00am
Has anyone still got that recording of Mick doing V13 and Other 99 solo at the NY Palladium?

Did BAD 2 ever do V13 ?
All the time. The Riviera Theater and Sound Factory shows are good sounding examples, though both are from ‘91.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Thanks, TB.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

coffeepotman wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 9:42am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 2:23am
Oooooh now that is great news! I didn't think there was anything left in the old well. would love to hear that Academy show since I was there but have some difficulty remembering it. It would be great to hear something other than Las Vegas, which, IMO, is not the best performance
Some gigs from that era here:http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... f=10&t=152

"Modern Rock Live" @ Whitfield Studios, London, 25.10.94
"Mark Radcliffe sessions" 1994
Beacon Theatre, New York, 14.12.1994
Beacon Theatre, New York, 13.12.94
Miami Arena, Miami, USA, 30.07.95
Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, USA, 27.10.95
The Academy, NYC, USA, 08.11.95

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Excellent! Big big thanks!