JennyB wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 12:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 12:20pm
JennyB wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 11:47am
What the fuck is this shit about Gillibrand promoting herself as a "young mom"? According to Wikipedia, she had her first child at age 37.
As did I, and I can assure you that nobody mistook me for a "young mom." IIRC, I was labeled "geriatric pregnancy."
Oh my! Having a kid in your 30s, first, third, or fifth, is just plain old pregnant woman, neither young nor old. My mother was 46 when she had me—I was, um, a last moment of unprotected passion between my parents—which is more appropriately a geriatric pregnancy.

The other thing about that "young mom" claim is that it generally has connotations of struggling to pay bills, finishing school, or starting a career. Identifying as a young mom signals that this is a lot harder than normal. She was an established corporate lawyer, for fuck's sake. The Clinton is strong with this one …
And the Palin.
Ugh. How has she not gotten an appointment from Trump?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So she's going to try to teach them to fake being non-asshole corporate shills? Is this actually a good idea?
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4257 ... cial-media
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 7:58am
Gonna be a few more elections before the backlog of liberals who came of age in the Clinton years, when Democrats truly learned to hate the poor, is cleared out.
It can't happen soon enough...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, a person of colour who as attorney general in California turned a blind eye to police and prison abuses, announces her run for president. Maybe the arc of history bends to irony.

edit: Turned, not took. Jesus Christ, first day with the English language, chump?
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 21 Jan 2019, 5:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 11:13am
And on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, a person of colour who as attorney general in California took a blind eye to police and prison abuses, announces her run for president. Maybe the arc of history bends to irony.
...and add another lackluster candidate to the list...sigh...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kamala Harris Assembles Campaign Staff Of Unpaid California Prison Laborers

WASHINGTON—On the heels of yesterday’s announcement that she would be running for president, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) reportedly began staffing her campaign Tuesday with unpaid inmates from California correctional facilities. “I’m so grateful to have such an incredible and devoted team headed up by my new campaign manager, Spider, as we work together to fight for American values,” said Harris of the two dozen non-violent criminal offenders who would reportedly work shifts of up to 72 hours out of her campaign office in exchange for three square meals a day and all the “Kamala Harris 2020” merchandise they could carry. “Whether it’s knocking on doors, leading focus groups, making phone calls, or helping prep me for upcoming media appearances, my entire staff will be comprised of unpaid prison laborers. Not only will this cut campaign-related expenses by up to $20 million, it will also allow inmates to spend time in the community and provide them with valuable work-related opportunities.” Harris added that due to a quirk in California state law, most inmates would be ineligible to work for other political campaigns once they’d been released from prison.
https://politics.theonion.com/kamala-ha ... 1831958905

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Good for the Dems. They didn't blink against the motherfucker. That's the only way to handle a bully.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 4:12pm
Good for the Dems. They didn't blink against the motherfucker. That's the only way to handle a bully.
It took a complete amoral nitwit to make Pelosi look good. What an age!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 4:21pm
Silent Majority wrote:
He's taking a good beating from the far-right. Ha!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 7:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 4:21pm
Silent Majority wrote:
He's taking a good beating from the far-right. Ha!
Man Coulter's adam's apple must be bobbing with rage!

edit: Yup: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4270 ... o-serve-as

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... 020-report

This is why you have to decapitate and then burn the head and body separately.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 4:01pm

Like Clinton I, too, am excited to do everything I can to make sure Trump is easily re-elected president.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 4:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Like Clinton I, too, am excited to do everything I can to make sure Trump is easily re-elected president.
Collusion!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Gack. I saw this article this morning and cringed. I can't understand how anyone could think this was a good idea. Honestly - most of us didn't really want her in 2016 and we sure as heck don't want her in 2020. There are always going to be the diehards who want her to run again - but for this to be coming straight from HRC is insane. Goodbye - farewell.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

There are at least three women who have announced presidential bids so far that I'd vote for ahead of HRC, and I can't imagine I'm alone there - even among pretty rank & file type Dems.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!