Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Pets.

Post by JennyB »

We have a new pet in the Bernstein house - Finny the betta. I have been cycling the tank for two months and taking parameter readings on a daily basis. Taking care of a betta is far more complicated than a dog or hamster. When I was done acclimating him to the tank, he decided to take a giant leap onto the floor. Gave us quite a scare. But I was able to pick him up and place him back into the tank. Seems much happier being in a warm, filtered 5 gallon tank than a cup.
Attachments
Finny.JPG
Finny.JPG (42.21 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:28am
Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:14am
A vet I went to when Lic was sick used those infusers and my sinuses just clogged up and I would get nauseated. I'm super duper sensitive to smells and chemicals. I was forced to sit right next to them in the exam rooms, so I assumed it was them.
Ah, I see. That's a shame. Some people report the pheromone diffusers as a miracle treatment with cat anxiety. I'm just hoping it can get us back to the more awkward peace of a week ago.
Infuser? lol I meant diffuser. HA!

Anyway. I'm not sure if it ever worked on my cats. I used the wipes once on the travel crate and Kitty rubbed herself on it so...

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:46am
We have a new pet in the Bernstein house - Finny the betta. I have been cycling the tank for two months and taking parameter readings on a daily basis. Taking care of a betta is far more complicated than a dog or hamster. When I was done acclimating him to the tank, he decided to take a giant leap onto the floor. Gave us quite a scare. But I was able to pick him up and place him back into the tank. Seems much happier being in a warm, filtered 5 gallon tank than a cup.
I can't look at a fish without thinking of the Monty Python skit. Oh fishy, fishy, fish.

Welcome to the family, Finny.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
I can't look at a fish without thinking of the Monty Python skit. Oh fishy, fishy, fish.

Welcome to the family, Finny.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
St. Louis: Even fish would rather die than live here. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 11:21am
JennyB wrote:
St. Louis: Even fish would rather die than live here. :shifty:
I didn't even think about that. But it's true.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Lost this beautiful boy today. My best friend for the past 11 years. Total privellege knowing him.
R.I.P. Mac
Attachments
Mac.jpg
Mac.jpg (128.56 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

So sorry Marky. :cry:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So sorry to see this, Marky. The connection we have to pets is that rarity where both are so fortunate to have enjoyed each other's love and company. I'll raise a glass to Mac's memory tonight.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm so sorry, Mark.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Sorry to hear that Marky.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 2:39pm
Lost this beautiful boy today. My best friend for the past 11 years. Total privellege knowing him.
R.I.P. Mac
Sorry to hear that, my friend. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” — Anatole France

Our animal companions are so much more than pets - they truly are family. They're the most loyal friends we could ever ask for. They experience life with us - and make the experience of living so much better. They make us laugh and sometimes they make us angry - but we love them unconditionally.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
R.I.P. Mac
Oh no, Marky! I am so so so sorry. Mac was adorable and looked like a great companion. I know the pain you are feeling right now and it's just awful. Sending comforting thoughts your way. RIP, Mac.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
R.I.P. Mac
I'm so sorry. :cry: :cry:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Sorry, Marky.