08 Oct 2018, 3:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 9:37am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 10:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 6:21pm

But they are all officially released.
😞 yeah that’s why I said you could use them as filler if not enough tracks.
Naughty boy.!😉
The additional tracks (covers) on the TMTY EP are one of my most favourite pieces of music. Imagine a whole album of it. I love the version of Madness from the Lyceum live album.
I'm working on something. Slowly it's coming together so as soon as I'm done I'll let you know.
Oh you tease Marky!!! If you need any input 😉
There are only so many compilations you can make from The Specials recorded tracks as there weren’t that many pre FB3 split) but they did some great live covers.
Last edited by 101Walterton on 08 Oct 2018, 8:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: It's Madness!

Post by Marky Dread »

Lots of stuff to sort out.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Fucking fabulous, Marky. Thank you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 11:39am
Fucking fabulous, Marky. Thank you.
Hey you are more than welcome.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Looking forward to reading this later in the year:

The band's first official book.

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Before We Was We is irreverent, funny and full of character. Just like them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:56pm

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Sounds good. I thought John Reed's "House of Fun - The Story of Madness" was their first official book?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 8:25am
101Walterton wrote:

Sounds good. I thought John Reed's "House of Fun - The Story of Madness" was their first official book?
Do did I and a great read. Perhaps they mean the first written by the band themselves?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 2:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 8:25am
101Walterton wrote:

Do did I and a great read. Perhaps they mean the first written by the band themselves?
Yeah could be mate. I'm looking forward to it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia