Spot The Album

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Spot The Album

Post by 101Walterton »

I agree with Marky and Hugh. I hate Spotify and all it stands and what it has done especially to the artist.
However I also use Spotify because of its convenience after I lost my entire iTunes account.
Having said that 90% of what I listen to on Spotify and have on my playlists I also own in physical product and still buy every new release from bands I follow.
The other 10% is usually when you want to hear a one off track for whatever reason (usually because of something I read on here).
Plus I get Spotify free with no adds!!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 11:55am
Hey Marky
I actually bought every Album on multiple formats except F-Punk and Higher Power which was straight to CD . The first album (This is) i even bought Tape , Vinyl , CD , and CD reissue but i am certain you already know that, you tease, and now i enjoy them on Spotify for £15,00 a month. I hope that makes me the winner :mrgreen:

The spotify is for ease of use i can do lots of personal compliations that are available to play where ever i am with out having to worry about multiple CDs or vinyl or any other format to listen to where ever i go with out bothering to do limited and time consuming MP3 compliations .I can listen to any album or song when ever ,where ever and what ever i like with every device with spotify installed automatically updated. There is always a direct play on there website if you have internet access as well.

Roll on F-Punk and Kool Aid, Thank you Spotify for making music so excessible.
Yeah, I've lost my Higher Power CD (bought second hand). Nice to have easy access to it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Heston wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 5:51pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 4:53pm
No. He should get out more.
Are you this obnoxious in real life or just on here?
And the man who wants to stand for his piece of land is pished aside...

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

WG Disgraced!

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Heston wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 5:51pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 4:53pm
No. He should get out more.
Are you this obnoxious in real life or just on here?
"A stern commitment to policing others' enjoyment of a mid-tier '80s rock-hip hop crossover band on the Internet" is his watchword.

> "Why is no one talking about BAD?"
> *talks about BAD*
> "NO, NOT LIKE THAT YOU IGNORAMUS"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 5:16am
"A stern commitment to policing others' enjoyment of a mid-tier '80s rock-hip hop crossover band on the Internet" is his watchword.
Late capitalism does not reward the generalist; master your tightly circumscribed niche or perish.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I wish some of you had been as quick to jump on the When The Time Comes thread.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I'll check it out on Deezer.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 1:42pm
"...but how you consume your music has absolutely no relation to how much you love it."
I sometimes whistle their tunes.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I listen to music in every format available. Spotify is great for checking out stuff that I might not normally buy. How someone listens to music is entirely up to them. I've spent thousands on music over the years. Now people can listen for a few pounds a month good for them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 6:39pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Hey Marky
I actually bought every Album on multiple formats except F-Punk and Higher Power which was straight to CD . The first album (This is) i even bought Tape , Vinyl , CD , and CD reissue but i am certain you already know that, you tease, and now i enjoy them on Spotify for £15,00 a month. I hope that makes me the winner :mrgreen:

The spotify is for ease of use i can do lots of personal compliations that are available to play where ever i am with out having to worry about multiple CDs or vinyl or any other format to listen to where ever i go with out bothering to do limited and time consuming MP3 compliations .I can listen to any album or song when ever ,where ever and what ever i like with every device with spotify installed automatically updated. There is always a direct play on there website if you have internet access as well.

Yeah, I've lost my Higher Power CD (bought second hand). Nice to have easy access to it.
I've got two copies of it let me know if you want one.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 9:30pm
Silent Majority wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Hey Marky

Thank you very much for the offer, but I don't really use CDs, to be honest.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 4:03am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 9:30pm
Silent Majority wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Hey Marky

Thank you very much for the offer, but I don't really use CDs, to be honest.
No worries mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

It's also worth considering the greater carbon footprint of a physical product (particular for something that isn't inherently physical).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 11:19am
It's also worth considering the greater carbon footprint of a physical product (particular for something that isn't inherently physical).
That's an interesting point, although I guess we'd have to also figure out the relative carbon output for streaming services. I'm not sure how one would do that - presumably direct impacts from streaming/downloading and then trying to come to some sort of apportioned responsibility for a sliver of internet infrastructure. Intuitively, downloading/streaming seems better on the carbon footprint front, but I'd be curious how big the gap is.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!