Topper Autobiography

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Topper Autobiography

Post by matedog »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 9:06am
chocolatejesus wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 8:32am
Does anyone know when exactly topper got clean?

The Interview Linked Here is from 2017 and he says 5 years. But i thought He has Been sober way longer, thats what Mick Said when i met him in 2010 after a gorillaz show
Well, he’s talking about Carbon/Silicon as a going concern in that piece so guessing it has to be minimum 6-7 years old, likely more. Round 2004/5 is when he finally kicked the addiction for good I think.
He kicked heroin around the time he moved back to Dover. Late 90s/early 00s I believe. He was an alcoholic for a bit longer and I think got fully sober around 2003-2005. I wouldn’t bet my life savings on those dates, but that’s my understanding from interviews, bios, and when I met people in Dover that knew him.

Also, I’ll buy this book in a heartbeat!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

matedog wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 10:21am
Low Down Low wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 9:06am
chocolatejesus wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 8:32am
Does anyone know when exactly topper got clean?

The Interview Linked Here is from 2017 and he says 5 years. But i thought He has Been sober way longer, thats what Mick Said when i met him in 2010 after a gorillaz show
Well, he’s talking about Carbon/Silicon as a going concern in that piece so guessing it has to be minimum 6-7 years old, likely more. Round 2004/5 is when he finally kicked the addiction for good I think.
He kicked heroin around the time he moved back to Dover. Late 90s/early 00s I believe. He was an alcoholic for a bit longer and I think got fully sober around 2003-2005. I wouldn’t bet my life savings on those dates, but that’s my understanding from interviews, bios, and when I met people in Dover that knew him.

Also, I’ll buy this book in a heartbeat!
Sounds about right to me anyway.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

He was in St Mongos in the Harrow Road in mid 90’s which was probably his rock bottom.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wow, looking forward to this!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy