NFL 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: NFL 2018

Post by JennyB »

While we are on the subject, here is my dog's Puppy Bowl trading card.
Attachments
Scout.jpg
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That is a zillion percent adorable.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:13pm
It was the only important part of the superbowl to me.

ETA - I just spent a good 20 minutes of work time printing them out and laminating them.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ETA - I just spent a good 20 minutes of work time printing them out and laminating them.
You are such a mom. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

This was a game where two defenses played really, really well. Anyone who thinks Brady can't throw anymore hasn't been watching him put together another great season. I say that only because it underlines this was not a poorly played game, it was just oriented around stellar D and special teams. People complaining about this game is the football equivalent of people saying pitcher's duels are boring.

Which is fine, if it wasn't my team I'd probably have hated it too but that's because football isn't a very good sport, fundamentally. But football qua football, this was way better than most of the blowouts we've been subjected to in the last decade when the Pat's aren't playing. I mean, other than loving to see Peyton Manning get humiliated, that Seattle/Denver game was truly unwatchable. But if you're only watching the game as background to a social event, non-competitive blowouts are probably the best result.

Anyways, tom is the greatest ever and the Pats are the best dynasty of all time and both statements are objectively indisputable.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Flex wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:33pm
MAGA

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:27pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm not a normal mom, I'm a COOL mom. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:27pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm not a normal mom, I'm a COOL mom. :shifty:
You earned those sunglasses.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:03pm
Tangentially related, but is it just me or have Super Bowl commercials lost their capacity to catch the eye? Absolutely nothing came close to making me think, "That was clever." Has television advertising, more generally, hit a terminal trough?
It's not just you.
Again, I didn't watch it, but judging by what I hear? Not just you.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Inder wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:35pm
Flex wrote:
MAGA
Just as a side note, john elway and peyton manning both actively fund and stump for awful, conservative organizations here in colorado and actively work to harm progressive movements locally. Drives me insane that our local dems have like "Broncos watch parties" and shit. Watching the nfl and progressivism are fundamentally incompatible strands, ultimately.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:43pm
Inder wrote:
Flex wrote:
MAGA
Just as a side note, john elway and peyton manning both actively fund and stump for awful, conservative organizations here in colorado and actively work to harm progressive movements locally. Drives me insane that our local dems have like "Broncos watch parties" and shit. Watching the nfl and progressivism are fundamentally incompatible strands, ultimately.
I really didn't watch the NFL this year - 1) the Packers were awful and 2) I'm just at odds with the NFL as an organization. We did plan on watching the SB as we thought it would be something fun to do with the kids - but ultimately decided not to watch it. When the decision was made we sat them down and told them why we were not going to watch and the list was actually extensive: poor track record on racial issues such as not standing with their players when they decided on a peaceful protest or allowing teams to blatantly violate the Rooney Rule; looking the other way in regards to domestic violence; actively working to obscure and undermine CTE research and not taking care of older players who are now very brain damaged; too often aligning themselves with conservative interests; being money grubbing monsters and on an on. It was important to me that they knew why we were not going to watch - even if they were a bit too young to understand all of the nuances.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 8:51am
Flex wrote:
Inder wrote:
Flex wrote:
MAGA
I really didn't watch the NFL this year - 1) the Packers were awful and 2) I'm just at odds with the NFL as an organization. We did plan on watching the SB as we thought it would be something fun to do with the kids - but ultimately decided not to watch it. When the decision was made we sat them down and told them why we were not going to watch and the list was actually extensive: poor track record on racial issues such as not standing with their players when they decided on a peaceful protest or allowing teams to blatantly violate the Rooney Rule; looking the other way in regards to domestic violence; actively working to obscure and undermine CTE research and not taking care of older players who are now very brain damaged; too often aligning themselves with conservative interests; being money grubbing monsters and on an on. It was important to me that they knew why we were not going to watch - even if they were a bit too young to understand all of the nuances.
Apart from that what is wrong with the NFL?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 4:35pm
WestwayKid wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 8:51am
Flex wrote:
Inder wrote:
Flex wrote:
MAGA
Apart from that what is wrong with the NFL?
The Seattle Seahawks have really ugly uniforms! :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble