Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Shit! It's easy to forget these things at my age. I've found it and I'm burning it for the lab on Thursday with Akron.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Shit! It's easy to forget these things at my age. I've found it and I'm burning it for the lab on Thursday with Akron.
Don't pull that old ageism trick on me sonny boy. You're only 50 whereas I'm 54 and White Man is queing for his free bus pass. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello Marky,

Thanks too much for your work. As Heston mentioned previously, a good This is Radio Clash (the best Clash song). I don't think I have any other shows with Wrong "Em Boyo - another favorite track. Well done, young man!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Akron sounding real good. Speed issues corrected, boom tamed. Nice job as always! Thank you, mate.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 9:38pm
Hello Marky,

Thanks too much for your work. As Heston mentioned previously, a good This is Radio Clash (the best Clash song). I don't think I have any other shows with Wrong "Em Boyo - another favorite track. Well done, young man!
Thanks gk.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 3:33am
Akron sounding real good. Speed issues corrected, boom tamed. Nice job as always! Thank you, mate.
Thanks Teddy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

A great job (as always), fantastic, thanks :mrgreen:
Music is the only thing that matters

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Neither Me or H are Geordies like, just for the record. Oh and its Cheesy Chips and Blue pop that are the staple of Sunderland folk. :mrgreen:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 4:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Neither Me or H are Geordies like, just for the record. Oh and its Cheesy Chips and Blue pop that are the staple of Sunderland folk. :mrgreen:
Even though I support Sunderland I'm technically a Geordie in old money as born and bred on Tyneside, but I'm a subdivision known as a Sanddancer. I've certainly got no "Sunday For Sammy" DVDs.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 4:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I was going to say that Heston is a Geordie but he beat me to it. Mackems it is then (or maybe Wearsiders) but either way you must have a Specsavers somewhere in that big city of yours. ;) ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:03am
You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...

I can't understand either of them. Or is it neither of them. :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:29am
WestwayKid wrote:
It's a tough accent to understand! I've always found it fascinating that we all speak the same language - yet there are dialects that sound foreign to us.

Thanks for the new live set, by the way. Can't wait to get home and check it out!! Crazy to think the Clash once played in Akron - which might be the Rubber Capital of the World - but is still a pretty small town.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

57 in April :meh: Never knew you were Tynesider by birth JH. Love how this thread veers off at times then comes back with a boom.
Well done Marky, once again.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:29am
WestwayKid wrote:

Sometimes i struggle with broad Geordie's if they talk too fast. The Mackem accent is a lot more softer on the vowels. Some great alternate words as well.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwind ... 50&bih=640

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XommmrDViKA