We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority »

The boy geniuses are leaving the Labour party. This will go great. It will be fantastic.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 9:05am
The boy geniuses are leaving the Labour party. This will go great. It will be fantastic.
To form a beautiful new party that will save us all from Brexit and all other ills. :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 10:45am
Silent Majority wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 9:05am
To form a beautiful new party that will save us all from Brexit and all other ills. :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

God bless the tut-tutting centrists!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Mrs. B has brought this up before, but while most of the thinking given by these splitters is eye-rolling centrist nonsense, the issue with anti-semitism seems salient. I've sort of kept myself out of discourse since I'm neither British or Jewish, but I'd be curious if folks here thought there was some truth to that particular allegation. I do feel like I've heard enough from Corbyn, and know his positions, to say that accusations of anti-semitism targeting him personally are off base, but the Left hasn't always been great about cleaning its own house on Israel/Palestine issues when they find themselves with repulsive fellow travelers in their midst.

Most of what I read is filtered through fairly mainstream American news outlets though, so I don't really get a sense of what people are really thinking locally.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 1:03pm
Mrs. B has brought this up before, but while most of the thinking given by these splitters is eye-rolling centrist nonsense, the issue with anti-semitism seems salient. I've sort of kept myself out of discourse since I'm neither British or Jewish, but I'd be curious if folks here thought there was some truth to that particular allegation. I do feel like I've heard enough from Corbyn, and know his positions, to say that accusations of anti-semitism targeting him personally are off base, but the Left hasn't always been great about cleaning its own house on Israel/Palestine issues when they find themselves with repulsive fellow travelers in their midst.

Most of what I read is filtered through fairly mainstream American news outlets though, so I don't really get a sense of what people are really thinking locally.
I choose to believe Cornyn is not an anti-semite. But as I've said before on these pages he could've and should've cleared the air and put this issue to bed much sooner. The fact the he didn't is very disappointing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on Shamima Begum the British girl who wants to return from Syria?
I have been asked about this a lot over the weekend.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 1:49pm
Interested to hear peoples thoughts on Shamima Begum the British girl who wants to return from Syria?
It's a complicated one for me. I'm all for second chances but she knew who was joining and has shown no remorse. If she wasn't a young woman with a child would people feel differently. I personally don't know what to think on this.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 2:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
It's a complicated one for me. I'm all for second chances but she knew who was joining and has shown no remorse. If she wasn't a young woman with a child would people feel differently. I personally don't know what to think on this.
Yes it is which is why I wanted the views of some ‘reasonably :mrgreen: ‘ rational Limeys. I think if she is a British citizen ( which I understand she is) then she has every right to return to Britain. However I also think she should face the consequences of her actions / crimes just like any other person would.
Wouldn’t the spooks want to talk to her to get as much information as possible to help keep the troops safe over there?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 3:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yes it is which is why I wanted the views of some ‘reasonably :mrgreen: ‘ rational Limeys. I think if she is a British citizen ( which I understand she is) then she has every right to return to Britain. However I also think she should face the consequences of her actions / crimes just like any other person would.
Wouldn’t the spooks want to talk to her to get as much information as possible to help keep the troops safe over there?
I have no idea regards the tactical side of things. She doesn't seem to know very much about anything. I'm finding it difficult to feel sympathy towards her as she has stated she had no problems regards the beheadings that took place. The real problem for me is I do feel genuinely sorry for her child as every child should have it's mother close. Like I said it's really complex.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 4:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I have no idea regards the tactical side of things. She doesn't seem to know very much about anything. I'm finding it difficult to feel sympathy towards her as she has stated she had no problems regards the beheadings that took place. The real problem for me is I do feel genuinely sorry for her child as every child should have it's mother close. Like I said it's really complex.
She would know a lot albeit inadvertently.
Agreed it is tough for the child who is innocent plus she has aleady lost two but not sure if that was illness, disease or injury? For that reason alone she should be allowed home for the child’s sake.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 4:54pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 4:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
She would know a lot albeit inadvertently.
Agreed it is tough for the child who is innocent plus she has aleady lost two but not sure if that was illness, disease or injury? For that reason alone she should be allowed home for the child’s sake.
Yes but what if she is then jailed?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia