Restored Clash poster

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
deny
Long Time Jerk

Restored Clash poster

Post by deny »

I have had this poster restored recently

Before & after
Attachments
Joe & Mick 1.png
Joe & Mick 1.png (218.39 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Joe & Mick 2.png
Joe & Mick 2.png (190.11 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Joining the Street Parade

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Restored Clash poster

Post by JennyB »

Nice!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Wow that’s good work!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Mike further to our chat I think this is the Combat Rock free poster:
IMG_2093.JPG

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Hi Walterton

My original CR poster that came with the album got cut up - when Topper & Mick 'left' - they ended up on different walls of my bedroom cf to Joe & Paul - call it teenage angst - I don't know or maybe super Clash depression which I have have suffered from the end of the band onwards (and usually after any re releases).

I have since bought another of those posters to go with the original record & to this day I can't decide whether I like it- even to the extent of Joe's annoying bit of hair that is sticking out!

Cheers

Mike

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

deny wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 4:14am
Hi Walterton

My original CR poster that came with the album got cut up - when Topper & Mick 'left' - they ended up on different walls of my bedroom cf to Joe & Paul - call it teenage angst - I don't know or maybe super Clash depression which I have have suffered from the end of the band onwards (and usually after any re releases).

I have since bought another of those posters to go with the original record & to this day I can't decide whether I like it- even to the extent of Joe's annoying bit of hair that is sticking out!

Cheers

Mike
I've always loved that poster. The Thailand photos are some of my faves of the band. The one with Joe leaning over the Thai Pepsi sign is a classic. There is a haunting quality to the images - the band looks worn out - that somehow really matches the mood of the music.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 6:27pm
deny wrote:
Hi Walterton

Cheers

Mike
I've always loved that poster. The Thailand photos are some of my faves of the band. The one with Joe leaning over the Thai Pepsi sign is a classic. There is a haunting quality to the images - the band looks worn out - that somehow really matches the mood of the music.
I do like the one where they are walking along the rail track towards the camera with steam behind them. As regards the CR poster maybe it's the tinted colouring that puts me off - I don't know

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

WestwayKid wrote:
deny wrote:
Hi Walterton

Cheers

Mike
A deluxe release with the Rat Patrol mix (or just a stand alone release) and more of those photos would be fantastic, I think they would complement each other well.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

deny wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 2:39am
WestwayKid wrote:
deny wrote:
Hi Walterton

Cheers

Mike
I do like the one where they are walking along the rail track towards the camera with steam behind them. As regards the CR poster maybe it's the tinted colouring that puts me off - I don't know
Another good one is an alternate of the cover photo, but in this one Joe is leaning over to light Topper's cigarette. They really do look like "The Last Gang In Town" in that - and really all of the Thailand photos. Sad to think they were at the end of the road, however.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The reissue 7'' London Calling box set that came out in the 80s had a nice cover and poster.
Attachments
C1.jpg
C1.jpg (220.21 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
C2.jpg
C2.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 2431 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This one of course.
Attachments
C3.jpg
C3.jpg (86.75 KiB) Viewed 2430 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

...and this is artwork I made for Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg. (Artwork only).
Attachments
The Clash - Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg (Remixed) (1).jpg
The Clash - Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg (Remixed) (2).jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I like that red tint on the pics.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

It has to be said that your artwork is amazing Marky!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'd like to think Joe would be ok with an official release of this for archival purposes. God, why oh why can't I have a real Rat Patrol
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc